Destiny...ALWAYS rough seas????

veryhotred

I am sailing on the Destiny in 25 days (yay!) and am worried about the seas...lately it seems all the reviews I read say the seas the first two days or so are extremely rough. Has anyone lately had smooth sailing??? Tell me your experience at this time of the year please?:confused::o

Are you serious?

Yes, I think the rough seas just follow that one particular ship around.

:rolleyes:

That's just a bit of a generalization, don't you think?

The seas aren't always smooth at any time of year and they aren't always rough at any time of year in any location!

Just be prepared in case they ARE rough.

I am sailing on the Destiny in 25 days (yay!) and am worried about the seas...lately it seems all the reviews I read say the seas the first two days or so are extremely rough. Has anyone lately had smooth sailing??? Tell me your experience at this time of the year please?:confused::o

We took the cruise that left on Thanksgiving Day. I was worried because I had three new cruisers with me. I packed a large bottle of Ginger tablets. The cruise was ridiculously smooth. Couldn't even tell we were on a ship. Now I'm worried that when we go on our next cruise, they'll not know what to expect!

Are you serious?

Yes, I think the rough seas just follow that one particular ship around.

:rolleyes:

That's just a bit of a generalization, don't you think?

The seas aren't always smooth at any time of year and they aren't always rough at any time of year in any location!

Just be prepared in case they ARE rough.

Um, no I do not think that, that is why I asked...

We took the cruise that left on Thanksgiving Day. I was worried because I had three new cruisers with me. I packed a large bottle of Ginger tablets. The cruise was ridiculously smooth. Couldn't even tell we were on a ship. Now I'm worried that when we go on our next cruise, they'll not know what to expect!

GREAT news...thank you!!! Nice to hear...I must have just read the not-so-smooth reviews..lol..

We went on the Destiny in October and did not have any issues with rough seas at all!! It was a wonderful cruise. Have a great time!!

Thanks and thanks..lol..great to hear

I've been on the destiny a few times but alway on the southern route where theres much more open sea....those were the only times she rocked... and even at its worst it wasnt anything that would ruin the day

Nice to know, thanks so much!!

My fingers are crossed also, HotRed :D

I only had issues leaving out on NY, but they said a storm was coming in from the East.

I dont want that again :D So my fingers will stay crossed until we leave XXXX

;):) I can't wait!!!!! I just keep worrying, no one get sick, let the seas be calm, etc etc..lol

My family has been on the Destiny twice, but both cruises were in the summer. They were very smooth...no one felt the least bit sick. I can't speak for this time of year, though. Take Bonine, if you are worried about it. Good luck!

I was on the Destiny Dec. 1-6 and it was mostly smooth sailing. One night the wind really picked up and the shop was rocking some, but nothing major. The biggest issue for us was we couldn't open our balcony door due to the wind coming from the port side. Everyone we saw were having minor balance problems from the rocking, all seemed to be gaving a great time as we were. I did see quite a few people with seasickness patches.

Have a great time and don't worry. She's a great ship.

We(Florida) have been receiving quite a few cold fronts the past few weeks. Typically, the waters can be a bit choppier this time of year because of the frequent cold fronts.

Just check the weather when your cruise gets closer. If there is a front that the ship will have to sail through, it could get rough.

Other than that, not too much to worry over.

Archived