Seahorse Sail & Snorkel in Nassau (Norwegian)

Dukegirl5577

Has anyone taken this tour, which goes out on a catamaran to two reefs? Was it any good? Alternatively, can anyone suggest a similar non-cruise line tour?

I can't see times listed on the website. Does it go out in the morning or afternoon? If both options are available, which is better? I'm cruising in early March, if that matters.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I'm booked for this excursion as well. It starts at 9am...at least mine does. I am dying to know how it is. Thanks for letting us know when you get back, canada cruiser!!!

This will be my first cruise ever. All the online reviews about this cruise are making my head spin! :eek: (It's great! It sucks! You'll love it! You'll hate it!)

We did this excursion 4-16-2008. We have only one other snorkeling excursion to compare this to and that was on Coco Cay / SOS / Royal Caribbean / January 2006. We prefered the excursion @ Coco Cay were you could snorkel from the beach at your leisure.

The Seahorse & Sail $49. PP -we met on the pier at 8:50am. We made one stop. The water was cold... Most everyone went down the ladder to get into the water one at a time, others jumped off the back of the boat, we spent less than an hour there. We really didn't see much. The brief narrated tour back to peir was interesting and the rum punch was good. The bathroom on board was disgusting and in disrepair. Maybe our expectations were too high for this one, but we will not do it again.

Enjoy your cruise!

Check out Stuart Cove's Snorkel Tour.It goes to 3 different locations for about $50 per person including roundtrip transfers from the cruise ship pier.The last stop gives you a chance to snorkel with the amazing Caribbean Reef Sharks! Stuart and Michelle are great people and run a first class,safe operation.Have fun.

• 1 month later...

We're stopping in Nassau on a 3-day cruise and wanted to snorkel. I saw Stuart Cove mentioned in many posts but seems like quite a distance from the port - read something like 1 hr ride to/from Stuart Cove location and then sail from there. Is that true, is it really worth considering if we are docking in Nassau?

I originally wanted to book the Stuart Cove trip because I wanted to see sharks -- but Stuart Cove would not allow it -- due to the times the NCL Sky arrives and leaves that port.

We did the Seahorse Sail and Snorkel NCL shore excursion in November 2008. It was actually cheaper through NCL than if we privately booked. The sailboat left right from the pier shortly after we arrived/docked. We went out to Angel Reef (it was a pleasant trip to the reef - sitting in the gorgeous sunshine with festive music broadcast over the intercom). Once we arrived at the reef there was a brief instruction on snorkeling and 2 of the crew got in the water to assist anyone who wanted assistance. We chose to walk down the staircase/ladder (so I could sit down at the bottom and put on my gear). The water was smooth, clear, and pleasant. The water was so clear that we could even see scuba divers swimming near the reef. There were lots of bright & shiny fish of all shapes and sizes, sea fans, brain coral, etc... Some of the crew dove down and brought up starfish for us to see/touch up close. We felt very safe with them snorkeling with us. We were in the water for just over an hour. On the "sail" back we drank our fill of rum punch - while the folks around us danced with some of the crew. It was a lovely 1/2 day excursion.

In the afternoon we did a walking tour of Nassau and went shopping.

• 3 weeks later...

My friend and I booked this through NCL, and we'd definitely do it again. :D It was very windy when we arrived in Nassau. We were worried the water would be too rough to snorkel, but it wasn't. The reef was pretty with fish and different types of coral. Someone earlier suggested the reef was "dead". :eek: I didn't see that at all. There were many different types of fish there, and the coral seemed just fine. We were in the water a very long time...at least an hour for sure.

I would definitely recommend this if you haven't been snorkeling before.

• 10 months later...
I originally wanted to book the Stuart Cove trip because I wanted to see sharks -- but Stuart Cove would not allow it -- due to the times the NCL Sky arrives and leaves that port.

We did the Seahorse Sail and Snorkel NCL shore excursion in November 2008. It was actually cheaper through NCL than if we privately booked. The sailboat left right from the pier shortly after we arrived/docked. We went out to Angel Reef (it was a pleasant trip to the reef - sitting in the gorgeous sunshine with festive music broadcast over the intercom). Once we arrived at the reef there was a brief instruction on snorkeling and 2 of the crew got in the water to assist anyone who wanted assistance. We chose to walk down the staircase/ladder (so I could sit down at the bottom and put on my gear). The water was smooth, clear, and pleasant. The water was so clear that we could even see scuba divers swimming near the reef. There were lots of bright & shiny fish of all shapes and sizes, sea fans, brain coral, etc... Some of the crew dove down and brought up starfish for us to see/touch up close. We felt very safe with them snorkeling with us. We were in the water for just over an hour. On the "sail" back we drank our fill of rum punch - while the folks around us danced with some of the crew. It was a lovely 1/2 day excursion.

In the afternoon we did a walking tour of Nassau and went shopping.

Did they require you to wear life vests the whole time? Thanks!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived