Derek Lewis / Kamikaze Karaoke

I searched this board a few weeks ago and someone said he had just started on Voyager. Just got back from a week on the Voyager and I can confirm he is in the Pig & Whistle most nights (not all) from 9pm to around 1am. Entertaining as usual. First night it was slow but after that he pretty much packed them in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
tiffyrn,

I saw that you said you just got back from a voyager cruise....I am going on Feb 1st....could you tell me who your cruise director was?

I was on the Voyager in March and it was Eric Dowis....he was great.

It is Eric, he just started when it got back to Galveston, we are also going to be on the 1st and 8th.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back from the cruise on the voyager of the seas and I can tell you that Derek is amazing. Got is cd and shirt.

I can only say WOW to his perfromance and how entertaning the guy is.

Would be nice to have someone like him on every cruise but I don't think it will happen cuz he is one of a kind.

• 1 month later...

Just got home from Voyager and received 2 Del Sol color changing rings and even had 2 recording contracts! :) Had a blast in the pub every night and can completely understand how this guy has such good retention. I talked to him a little after one of the nights and he mentioned he'll be disembarking Voyager once it heads to Europe and will be catching up with Rhapsody out of Seattle in late April or early May.

• 1 month later...
One of the highlights from our first RCI Rhapsody of the seas cruise, in december 06 was enjoying Derek Lewis...

Does anyone know where/what has happened to this wonderful performer?

Derek just finished a 5 month stint on Voyager

He has 4 days off then it's on to Rhapsody

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was on the Rhapsody last year for the cruise from Honolulu to Sydney. That was Derek's last cruise before his vacation or break. If he chooses to do that again this year he will be on the Rhapsody through the middle of October. I do not know if he has left the Voyager yet.

He was packing up to leave Voyager when we did our TA cruise earlier this year. He's already on Rhapsody singing his heart out...

• 9 months later...
I searched this board a few weeks ago and someone said he had just started on Voyager. Just got back from a week on the Voyager and I can confirm he is in the Pig & Whistle most nights (not all) from 9pm to around 1am. Entertaining as usual. First night it was slow but after that he pretty much packed them in.

We were on RCCL Voyager last April and Derek was in the Pig & Whistle doing his Adult Day Care at Night. He is a RIOT! It was a five minute party. :) Yes, I too am a SUPERSTAR. :D

• 1 year later...

We just returned from a week aboard the Voyager of the Seas out of New Orleans. Not only was Derek onboard, he was married right in the Royal Promenade ... we booked the cruise (along with many other Superstars) just to attend the festivities. What an amazing experience ... meeting his wife Patty, their families, and "groupies" from all over, as far away as Australia! This one ranks among our best cruises ever.

Derek will be aboard the Voyager until April. Then after a bit of a break, he'll join the Rhapsody on its Alaska run, continue to the South Pacific, then to Australia in October. After that, his plans are uncertain. We're trying to get him back to Galveston aboard the Mariner ... but he won't work on any ship that allows smoking in the pub, as that one does. After over 20 years of inhaling second-hand smoke, he's done with it ... can't blame him in the least.

I'm currently in contact with Royal Caribbean, in an effort to make the smoking policy consistent fleetwide, so that the Wig & Gavel Pub on Mariner will be a smoke-free environment ... there are plenty of other places to puff away. Having Derek back where he belongs will be worth ... Far More Than One Thousand Dollars!

Al

We just returned from a week aboard the Voyager of the Seas out of New Orleans. Not only was Derek onboard, he was married right in the Royal Promenade ... we booked the cruise (along with many other Superstars) just to attend the festivities. What an amazing experience ... meeting his wife Patty, their families, and "groupies" from all over, as far away as Australia! This one ranks among our best cruises ever.

Derek will be aboard the Voyager until April. Then after a bit of a break, he'll join the Rhapsody on its Alaska run, continue to the South Pacific, then to Australia in October. After that, his plans are uncertain. We're trying to get him back to Galveston aboard the Mariner ... but he won't work on any ship that allows smoking in the pub, as that one does. After over 20 years of inhaling second-hand smoke, he's done with it ... can't blame him in the least.

I'm currently in contact with Royal Caribbean, in an effort to make the smoking policy consistent fleetwide, so that the Wig & Gavel Pub on Mariner will be a smoke-free environment ... there are plenty of other places to puff away. Having Derek back where he belongs will be worth ... Far More Than One Thousand Dollars!

Al

Archived