upgrade taken away

lucygoosey

I booked a cruise 18 months ago. Booked a 4c quad gty five weeks ago when I did my fun pass it showed cat 11 with a room number. Now it show as a tba. When tried to book a room for this cruise they are only showing cat 11 quads. We sail in 25 days. What do you think?

I booked a cruise 18 months ago. Booked a 4c quad gty five weeks ago when I did my fun pass it showed cat 11 with a room number. Now it show as a tba. When tried to book a room for this cruise they are only showing cat 11 quads. We sail in 25 days. What do you think?

Go to Carnival's website and try to purchase something in the Gifts. Enter your booking number and cabin number. Hit enter. If it comes back with your name, then that is going to be your cabin.

Dave

Well, I'm confused. You said you booked 18 months ago. Then you said you booked a 4C guaranty 5 weeks ago.

I don't do guarantees, but I thought you never, ever get an upgrade from a cat 4 to a cat 11. At least not weeks and weeks in advance. Why would they do that? Because you needed a quad?

:confused:

Maybe I can help....

I booked a cruise 18 months ago. We booked a 4c quad gty.

Five weeks ago, when I did my fun pass, it showed cat 11 with a room number. Now it show as a tba.

So she did the fun pass 5 weeks ago.... :)

Sounds like they upgraded you to the suite, then somebody booked it and sent you back into the gty. pool. Why wouldn't they move you to another 11? Because they already assigned those cabins to some other gty. booking. They will show as available because they can still sell them out from under any gty.'s. It is rare that once a gty cabin is assigned, it would be changed, but it does happen. You don't REALLY know your cabin number when you book a gty., UNTIL you board and get your cabin.

AND you have NO CLAIM on any cabin number under a gty. booking. Nothing was "taken away", you never really had the 11. It was just smoke, drifting by.

Dan

Ha! What a difference a "." makes.

I know you can book a 4C Guarantee but I wasn't aware you could specify a QUAD in the Guarantee booking, that part doesn't sound right, or did you book a 4C Guarantee and list 4 passengers ?? (I just noticed that on the Princess Web Page you can only book Guarantee for two occupants!) ????

Somewhere in this process did you ask for and receive a price reduction and/or OBC?

It is true that the cabin you're initially assigned on a Guarantee can change and it can change for the worse.

ken

This has happened to me (it is one of the risks you run when booking a GTY): I booked a cruise on an IS GTY cabin. 4 weeks prior to sailing, I was elated to see that I had been upgraded quite nicely and that I had been assigned Cabin E66 (a 6E Upgrade). Once I arrived at the port (and even though my bag tags had been labeled E66, etc.) I was informed that my new cabin was E224 (4E Cabin type).

This hadn't happened to me before, but I did actually meet the people in E66 and they had purchased their cabin about 2 weeks before the cruise at a full fare rate.

Just some insight... I almost always book GTYs and usually am pleasantly surprised, but there are no 'Guarantees' other than the class you booked...

Some ships, such as the Legend, do not use rollaway beds - so if you book a GTY for 4ppl, they need to put you in a quad (every person in your booking is entitled to a bed, even with a GTY). Also, you can never get downgraded in a GTY booking. If you book a 4C GTY, then they can't place you in a 4B cabin. GTY's in a specific category usually cost the same (or close to the same) as choosing a cabin in that category but it has the potential of upgrade.

I have never been able to book a gty with 4 people. Only 2 people. Sounds like you got lucky and who ever you booked with let something slip. I have been given a reduced booking fee for 4 people but never the gty room.

I have never been able to book a gty with 4 people. Only 2 people. Sounds like you got lucky and who ever you booked with let something slip. I have been given a reduced booking fee for 4 people but never the gty room.

I have always been able to book GTY cabins, in any category, with any number of occupants. Nothing was messed up, it is done all the time.

Maybe I can help....

I booked a cruise 18 months ago. We booked a 4c quad gty.

Five weeks ago, when I did my fun pass, it showed cat 11 with a room number. Now it show as a tba.

So she did the fun pass 5 weeks ago.... :)

\\

You are only guaranteed a 4C quad cabin. They have up until the day you board to assign a cabin. There is nothing you can do about it.....your cabin will be the one they assign you officially.

I don't see how they can give you a Cat 11 suite. Cat 11 suites are not quad occupancy. They have a king bed and one twin bed (the couch). I had a Cat 11 suite in February and there was no pull down bed for a fourth person.

I am suprised they did that. My free cruise is a guarantee and I am still a 8B cabin, no upgrade at all...a 4C to a 11 is a massive upgrade.

I think you are back in the pool and you will get a cabin about a week before you sail. GTY bookings are just that and unfortunately until you are handed your cabin assignment at embarkation it can be changed, even it shows on the web site.

We booked 2 triple OV gty cabins last March just after Spring Break on a Paradise 4 day cruise. The cabins ended up right next to each other.

We have a quad OV gty on the Splendor. The triples were booked only 5 weeks before the cruise and the quad gty was the only thing available when we booked.

Same experience here, we've never had an issue booking a GTY for 3. Sounds like someone needs a new TA. ;):D

I've booked GTY for a quad, and even 5 on one of the older ships, without problem....AND with a Carnival PVP. In fact, I'm going on the Freedom end of month & one of my triple rooms was a TBA but I later opted to go with assigned rooms to keep all our rooms together. Also booked directly thru Carnival. Maybe the TA saying it can't be done needs to be replaced - lol.

We have booked a gty balc for 4 occ twice without a problem. They go early though because there are only so many cabins that hold 4. Our friends booked the same cruise a month after we did & there weren't any gty's left for 4.

We have booked a gty balc for 4 occ twice without a problem. They go early though because there are only so many cabins that hold 4. Our friends booked the same cruise a month after we did & there weren't any gty's left for 4.

How did your QTY fare out? What category grade did you end up getting? We have 8A Bal GTY coming up and it is also for 4.

Thanks

Well as of right now they spilt us up. We each have a balconey. One is on deck 7 and the other one on deck 8. I am very happy with this because it was me and my boyfriend and my brother and his son. Let's hope it stays this way! :D

If you booked inside guarantees, and got balconys, you done really good, even if it isnt the suite you saw.

Archived