Do they have lunch at Choppes or Portofino's?

Guess I'll just have to convince my wife to do back-to-back cruises so we can hit these and each night of the dining room. :)

That is an excellent solution!

I wouldn't be surprised if they do start serving lunch at these venues in the future. Some cruise line (i.e. Holland America) do have lunch in their specialty restaurant (they charge less than at dinner, but have a more limitted menu).

I'm sure I spelled that wrong, but oh well.

Do they serve lunch at these or only dinner? If they do both, is there a difference in the meals or is lunch just as good. We'd love to go to one or both, but we love the dining room too.

Chops and Portofino serve dinner only, no lunch.

Didn't they used to have lunch in the specialty restaurants on sea days and charge $10 or $15 pp? I think I remember having lunch in Portofino 3 years ago but not since. I don't remember why RC stopped - lack of interest?

I recall having lunch in Chops onboard Brilliance of the Seas on a westbound Transatlantic cruise in 2002, but haven't seen it offered more recently on any of our RCI cruises. Not sure why they discontinued the practice but lack of interest might have been the reason, or else they found that too many potential dinner guests were choosing the less expensive luncheon option instead of booking dinner.:confused:

Now that you can book specialty restaurants online prior to the cruise, I suspect they may become too busy to accommodate everyone who want to eat there (I have always done the "mad dash" when boarding to get our reservations in and even then I am already blocked out of several nights because other passengers beat me to it). I would think they would want to open these venues for lunch (even at full price) to accommodate more passengers.

At lunch they had different items than dinner and I don't think there were as many choices. It was really dead the day we went - probably only half the tables were filled, which is why I thought lack of interest. I know we went back for dinner which was even better!

Archived