Free pictures!

Louise45

Did anyone notice that Sparky didn't say WHO told them they could just collect the pictures and leave? Probably another person who was also stealing them.:rolleyes:

It WAS the guy from the Photo area. I had seen him quite a few times loading the wall areas with the photos. He was walking up and down the hall as we were lined up to get off the ship. He was very specific that it was only the pictures taken at the Latitudes party. All of the other remaining photos were other areas.

I love the digital viewing idea. Not only would copious amounts of photo paper not be wasted, but think of the space! Monitors could be placed around the ship where people could access and order photos using their key card, to be picked up later... or delivered right to your cabin.

I wonder how much the prices could come down if they didn't have so much wasted paper expense. In lieu of the current photo displays, also, they could use the space for something else - perhaps a permanent photo studio instead of having to set up backdrops elsewhere on the ship.

What a fantastic idea..........you should send it to the cruiselines!

I'm sure the prices would come down if they didn't waste so much, and frankly I'm surprised the cruiselines can afford to do it this way.........so wasteful.

Somewhere out in Web Land there is a site that has pictures that cruisers didn't purchase. So they took the funniest ones and put them out there. It's hysterical. I just can't remember the name of it. That might convince people to buy pictures instead of leaving them to end up there. LOL

It WAS the guy from the Photo area. I had seen him quite a few times loading the wall areas with the photos. He was walking up and down the hall as we were lined up to get off the ship. He was very specific that it was only the pictures taken at the Latitudes party. All of the other remaining photos were other areas.

Sorry I missed your previous post #8 BUT, in your cruise review you did not specify that it was only pictures taken at the Latitudes party. So unfortunately, that will lead people who only read that review to assume all pictures are free at the end of the cruise.;)

Somewhere out in Web Land there is a site that has pictures that cruisers didn't purchase. So they took the funniest ones and put them out there. It's hysterical. I just can't remember the name of it. That might convince people to buy pictures instead of leaving them to end up there. LOL

I'd love to see those! I tried googling with all sorts of phrases. Hopefully someone will know the website.

When I was on the Dawn in April they let us have the pictures from the Latitudes party for free as we were lined up for express disembark. Unfortunately, I got to the party late and didn't have ours taken.

So yes, there may be some instances when the photos are free. I do agree however that they should have digitized photos on a viewer of sorts and the passengers can make a decision whether or not to purchase them, instead of all that photo paper and chemicals used to produce them being wasted. In the end, it may make the photos less expensive and they would get more sales from them.

I also was on the same cruise as you.

We were also told at the end of the cruise as we were on line leaving to take any pictures we had "that were taken from the lattitudes party". They were announcing that they free!!

Sparky, You are so correct on this!

Dawn

When I was on the Dawn in April they let us have the pictures from the Latitudes party for free as we were lined up for express disembark. Unfortunately, I got to the party late and didn't have ours taken.

Sorry I didn't make it clearer :rolleyes:

Sorry I missed your previous post #8 BUT, in your cruise review you did not specify that it was only pictures taken at the Latitudes party. So unfortunately, that will lead people who only read that review to assume all pictures are free at the end of the cruise.;)

Sorry, but I am not really recalling any review that I did. I did post that I would write one, but never did....as far as I can remember.

Edit:

I just clicked on the link that the OP of this thread posted.....and the review that she is referencing is about Hawaii. That "Sparky" is NOT ME!!!!!!! When I was referencing the pictures from the Latitudes Party that were offered for free, that cruise was in April and I went to Bermuda.

Sorry, but I am not really recalling any review that I did. I did post that I would write one, but never did....as far as I can remember.

Edit:

I just clicked on the link that the OP of this thread posted.....and the review that she is referencing is about Hawaii. That "Sparky" is NOT ME!!!!!!! When I was referencing the pictures from the Latitudes Party that were offered for free, that cruise was in April and I went to Bermuda.

WOW....what are the chances of TWO Sparkys (albeit Sparky and Sparkylok6) commenting on free pictures? :eek:

Hope you see that no one is saying you're a thief.:)

Edit:

Haha. I clicked on the link too. Too funny about the coincidence, Karen. Another Sparky! :eek:

Now that everyone is entertained, can anyone tell me how much the pictures are? I have some onboard credit and I'd like to figure out what to spend it on. I like pics of us at each port if we've never been there before.

When we were on the Sky in October, it seems like pictures were between 10 and 20 dollars, depending on the size.

"I am glade that we were able to collect all our pictures and didn't have to pay for them. All you have to do is collect them from the case and leave. We were told that all they do is throw them away at the end of the cruise so we might as well take them because it is just another way of them advertising their cruise."

actually it sounds to me like a first time cruiser who actually "stole" their pictures due to ignorance or arrogance.....or both :rolleyes:

Pictures are NOT free, and yes they do throw them out, but they still don't let you have them for free. It has always been a pet peeve of mine that they waste all that photo paper. I think they would be much better off having digitalized copies for view on a monior and only print the pictures that someone actually wanted to buy (at an affordable price). Seriously, WHY even waste a sheet on a photo of Joe and Susie when shes got a piece of food hanging out of the side of her mouth and Joe's eyes are closed?

I agree with you on both it sounds like they stole the pictures, and I always argue the same point about waste of photo paper etc.

[quote name='Suni99'][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Are these the same people that are standing in line waiting to remove their gratuities at the end of the trip? then just decided what the heck lets just take the pics too???....:eek:.............lolllllllllll[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

And then they will come here to CC and totally trash NCL about the poor quality of the pictures.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Last year on the Dawn, my mother and I were waiting while our photos were being rung up and a girl was starting to walk out without paying for photos that were in her hand. Of course she was stopped and her explanation was she thought they were free. I am not sure if she was playing or dumb or really thought they were free. [/FONT]

[quote name='hockeypapa'][B]:cool: AFTER YOU TAKE THE "FREE PICTURES" DONT FORGET TO TAKE YOUR LIFE JACKETS IF YOU DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO USE THEM!!!:) TIS THE SEASON!!!!:)[/B][/QUOTE]

I figured I would take one of those nice white and orange boats just hanging there on the sides of the ship, might be nice to use in the pool at home LOL

[quote name='linnealee'][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Last year on the Dawn, my mother and I were waiting while our photos were being rung up and a girl was starting to walk out without paying for photos that were in her hand. Of course she was stopped and her explanation was she thought they were free. I am not sure if she was playing or dumb or really thought they were free. [/FONT][/quote]

If the pictures were free cruise companies would loose alot of money. The pictures come out great with all the extra they put on the images etc. The first time we went on a cruise on Carnival Destiny i went crazy and spent close to 800 dollars just in pictures. After that experience I only purchase the port ones and maybe special pictures if they come out extra extra nice. If i've been to that port prior I wont bother purchasing that one again.

I just cant understand how people think they can get away with walking off pictures in hand. I say they cruise company should bill their credit card if they are caught.

Archived