Closest Hotel to Port Everglades? Confusing

mscreneet

My family and I will be driving down to FL as our cruise will be leaving from Port Everglades. We will arrive the day before the cruise takes off however im confused about where to stay.

the port is Port Everglades but its in Holywood FL, somewhere in Fort Lauderdale...:confused:

OK...so in what area should we get a hotel?

Fort Lauderdale

Hollywood

Port Everglades

My family and I will be driving down to FL as our cruise will be leaving from Port Everglades. We will arrive the day before the cruise takes off however im confused about where to stay.

the port is Port Everglades but its in Holywood FL, somewhere in Fort Lauderdale...:confused:

Fort Lauderdale

Hollywood

Port Everglades

There are several hotels very close to the port in Ft. Lauderdale on SE 17th St Causeway which borders the north side of Port Everglades. I would suggest doing an internet search and I'm sure you'll come up with several of them.

Good Luck!

Fort Lauderdale

Hollywood

Port Everglades

If you look at cc homeport east coast and then Florida you will find alot of hotel information with some offering free shuttle service.

My sis and I are also cruising out of Port Everglades in March. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale and day early and we are considering staying at La Quinta Inn on 26th st. I've heard great things about the hotel. Its near several restuarants, stores (for drinks), and offers free shuttle service as well.

We have been staying for the last 2 years at LaQuinta. Last year in Miami for cruise out of Miami this year the LaQuinta-Hollywood. The reason why they are our choice is the fact that we drive down and you can park in lot for no charge if you stayed the night before. Free shuttle from hotel to pier. Pier back to hotel is not provided but taxis are plentiful and was $25 for the 2 of us. Rooms are nice. We had no concerns for leaving car parked in their lot for 9 days. They also have continental breakfast. We just got tired of paying for parking fees at the pier. Miami was $20/day and FLL is $15/day. We will be there Sunday night. WooHoo!!!

Happy cruising.

Shirley

We have stayed twice at the holiday inn port everglades - it is literally "right down the road" from the port. It is fine for one night. There is a small shopping center across the street, with a liquor store, some restaurants, etc. There are some fast food restaurants, and nicer sit-downs not too far - definitely within walking distance. Next week we will be staying at the Embassy Suites on 17th St. A bit farther from the port, but we are staying for 3 nites pre-cruise, and wanted a nicer pool to hang at, and to be closer to the beaches. (Embassy Suites is 2 miles from beach.)

I'd suggest doing a google hotel's search on Fort Lauderdale and looking at the google map that pops up... if you zoom in, locate Port Everglades, it's very easy to see where everything is situated!

For what it's worth, we stayed at the new Hyatt Place last December for our pre-stay, and in a couple of weeks we're staying at the Embassy Suites for our Splendor pre-stay which is also right nearby. Both are within 2 miles of the pier.

Fort Lauderdale

Hollywood

Port Everglades

We stayed at the Amerisuites. It was reasonably priced and had a shopping center accross the street , with restaurants etc. They also offer a free shuttle to the port (but you probobly won't need that)

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Everything is so expensive now. I was able to use my marriott points to get a room about 15 minutes away. Being that were driving in the day before, that works out just fine for us. Plus it only took 15k points...LOL

My parents room..well thats another story. They are flying in so im going to try my luck with priceline. The hotel rates right now are just too high

Archived