Eurodam Sea View Pool

azkcruizers

I was wondering if anyone who was recently on the Eurodam could tell me what the status of the sign is at the Sea view pool?

I know at times it reads kids must be supervised and at times it reads no kids allowed. Any idea where it's at now?

Karen

On both of our cruises the sign was "Adults Only".

Now we weren't there every second of the day -- but when we were there, but when we were there we never saw any children in that pool.

The children used the Lido Midships Pool.

On our first cruise, since there were so many children on board, a portable small pool was set up on the starboard side of the ship near the Hamburger stand which had a sign: "For Infants Only".

On both of our cruises the sign was "Adults Only".

Now we weren't there every second of the day -- but when we were there, but when we were there we never saw any children in that pool.

The children used the Lido Midships Pool.

On our first cruise, since there were so many children on board, a portable small pool was set up on the starboard side of the ship near the Hamburger stand which had a sign: "For Infants Only".

This is the first I have heard about the infants only pool. I did not even bring a swim suit for my baby knowing she could not get in the pools with swim diapers. Did they put the pool out because people were taking their babies in the main pool? What kind of pool was it? Like a baby pool you have in the back yard?? I have been reading all of your posts. I am glad you enjoyed your cruises.

KK

Thank you! I just wanted to prepare my kids ahead of time that there is a pool that they may not be allowed in.

Thanks....I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. My father-in-law made booklets for my kids of your menus, so they've been busy planning their meals!

Karen

This is the first I have heard about the infants only pool. I did not even bring a swim suit for my baby knowing she could not get in the pools with swim diapers. Did they put the pool out because people were taking their babies in the main pool? What kind of pool was it? Like a baby pool you have in the back yard?? I have been reading all of your posts. I am glad you enjoyed your cruises.

We had a little over 300 children on our Thanksgiving cruise -- many infants. This was the first time that I ever saw a pool like this. It is portable -- had to be put up each day and taken down. It was rather deep -- not like a 2 foot deep pool in the back yard. There was a ladder that the parent's used to get into the pool with their infants. In the pool were 2 floating "carriages" -- flat for the infant to lay on -- had a multi-colored plastic top just like on a baby carriage -- they were cute.

On our second day of the cruise when we had a sea day instead of being at Grand Turk, the pool collapsed -- water went everywhere.

The second week we had only around 50 children -- never saw this infant pool set up.

KK

Thank you! I just wanted to prepare my kids ahead of time that there is a pool that they may not be allowed in.

Thanks....I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. My father-in-law made booklets for my kids of your menus, so they've been busy planning their meals!

Karen

There is always the children's menu if there isn't something on the regular menu that they can eat.

We had a little over 300 children on our Thanksgiving cruise -- many infants. This was the first time that I ever saw a pool like this. It is portable -- had to be put up each day and taken down. It was rather deep -- not like a 2 foot deep pool in the back yard. There was a ladder that the parent's used to get into the pool with their infants. In the pool were 2 floating "carriages" -- flat for the infant to lay on -- had a multi-colored plastic top just like on a baby carriage -- they were cute.

On our second day of the cruise when we had a sea day instead of being at Grand Turk, the pool collapsed -- water went everywhere.

The second week we had only around 50 children -- never saw this infant pool set up.

On the other lines they only allow splash pools so for it to be deep that is interesting. And swim diapers were allowed? I wonder how many kids it takes for them to break out the baby pool?? Or maybe a couple of pushy parents who ask?? I sure would have if I had known!:p

I was wondering if anyone who was recently on the Eurodam could tell me what the status of the sign is at the Sea view pool?

I know at times it reads kids must be supervised and at times it reads no kids allowed. Any idea where it's at now?

Karen

Hi, Karen! On the Nov. 1st cruise it read something like - Children ages 14 and under need to be supervised by an adult.

Melissa

Mistletoe76

Hi! That's what I was hoping the sign would say when we go on February 7th. I would prefer that pool myself, and my kids are 8, 10. and 13. I would make sure they behave and not bother others in the pool, but of course I understand the purpose of an adult only pool and would abide by the rules:) I wonder how they decide if it's adult only or supervision required. Is it just by the number of children on board that week?

Thanks for the help

Karen

I have some video of the sea view pool on Monday 11/24 (the day Grand Turk was canceled) during the line dance class, and the sign says that children must be supervised and there were several kids in the pool.

As for the infant pool, although the sides of the are about 4 feet high there was only about 1 to 1.5 feet of water in the pool.

Archived