Wristbands for kids

mrspjotter

I thought I read on one of the threads somewhere that one of the companies provide wristbands for kids on the ship - was I imagining this?

We are sailing on RCI EOS in Feb 09, we are from the UK and I was going to get some wristbands made up for the kids with contact number/ship on them etc - this is our 1st cruise am I being paranoid or not?:confused:

How old are the kids? If they are old enough to know who they are and can communicate that to someone, then armbands are going to be embarrassing for them.

You're being paranoid! They won't be allowed off the ship without you. And, of course, you'll be setting down some "rules" that they must follow.

Paranoid? I would never call someone paranoid....lol. But is it necessary for you to bring your own wristbands....nope, not at all. ;)

Royal Caribbean will put a wristband on the child with the number of the Muster Station for the family. In case of emergency, the crew will know which station to take the child to.

How old are the kids? Are you worried they would get lost on the ship?

If the kids are between 3 and 11, they will receive a wristband with their muster station on it. I'm no sure if it has the name of the ship.The ship's concern is if the children are separated from their parents during an emergency.

I guess the theory is that under 3, they won't be separated from their parents, since they are not old enough to be in Adventure Ocean. And I suppose, they consider 12 old enough to figure out where to go in case of emergency themselves.

Off ship, I keep my children especially close. I don't let them out of my sight. Outside of shops, I keep them within arms-length. They're 10 and 13.

I thought I read on one of the threads somewhere that one of the companies provide wristbands for kids on the ship - was I imagining this?

We are sailing on RCI EOS in Feb 09, we are from the UK and I was going to get some wristbands made up for the kids with contact number/ship on them etc - this is our 1st cruise am I being paranoid or not?:confused:

On the RCL ship we travelled on recently all children had name/information wristbands attached for the whole trip (they could not get them off). Something like hospital bands, but a bit better.:D

Thanks so much everyone our DS is 8 and twin DD's are 5, I guess it's more off the ship than on the ship I am worried about.

It's our first big family holiday since the girls were born and the last time we went to canada my son wasn't walking so couldn't get lost on his own!

Don't get me wrong we don't intend to let them out of our sight it was just a worry I think on the islands in the port area when there will be a lot of people about.

But thanks everyone for your reassurance!:)

How old are the kids? If they are old enough to know who they are and can communicate that to someone, then armbands are going to be embarrassing for them.

You're being paranoid! They won't be allowed off the ship without you. And, of course, you'll be setting down some "rules" that they must follow.

I disagree. I have an 8 year old who is a regular runner in 5k's. We bought him a roadID a couple years ago for this purpose but it works great when we travel too! He is pretty much required to wear it when we are traveling. He does fine.

The braclets on RC just say RC on them and the muster station. I have seen parents who take a permanent marker and write the ships name on it. This must be that if they were to get lost at port (God forbid) that someone would have the name of the ship they came from. This would help if there were many ships in port (plus most look alike).

We just got back from RCI EOS 12 day cruise and had 4 of our young kiddos along, 9,9,7, & 5. They had the muster station braclets they had to wear (make sure they cover them for nice pics if you don't want those ugly things showing! Only thing I didn't like). We did 6 ports of call with private excursions even, and I never once had a fear of them getting seperated from us (and it was just DH and I). So rest assured, if you keep the kids with you (and ours are good and always stayed with us), you'll have nothing to worry. If you feel better, then by all means, get bracletes or whatever with info. :)

We are just of the Liberty and in addition to the muster station wristband that all children must have they also put on a GPS whenever you check them into the kids club. I believe it is for the Aquanauts (3-5) and explores (6-8) age groups. That way they will be able to find them if they get out of the AO room and are on the ship! They cut the wristband off when you pick them up and check them out. We felt very safe checking our little one into the AO:)

Archived