weight restriction on dragon breath

mrdrdoso

We are sailing EOS 2/13/9:D and want to do the dragons breath, my hubby is 260 and the weight limit is 250, is that an issue, of course safety is the most important thing and he is trying to drop the 10 lbs but even so he would be exactly at the limit and that worries me. Anyone have any experience or have seen someone on the zip line that is a few extra pounds?

Please advise.

They are very strict about the weight limit. They have in the past lowered the weight limit.

We were at Labadee in June and based on what we saw, we wouldn't ride it if we were near the weight limit. We saw two people come in very fast, hit the brake at the end, keep going until they hit the bumper and then bounce back out over the waves. They then had to just hang there until a worker waded out, threw them a line and towed them in.

Granted, one of the people was not trying to slow herself down at all when she came in, she had streamlined instead of spread eagled. The older, big guy must have been very close to the weight limit. While he was waiting for his tow, the waves were almost hitting his behind, he was hanging so low.

I personally wouldn't push the weight limit. I do have pictures of them waiting to be towed. If I can find them on the other computer later, I will post them.:)

Archived