Radiance hump cabins 8586 & 8588

jmezmom

We have 8586 booked. It is the beginning of the hump with an extra deep balcony. 8588 is open, with a shorter balcony and I assume same room size.

Will moving down one room to be the 2nd cabin on the hump make a difference? Is having the deeper balcony an advantage?

Thanks

The cabins will be the same size, no matter the location (if they're the same catagory!) It's the balconies that will differ on Radiance class ships. I'd keep the one with the deeper balcony--just gives you more room!

Anywhere on the hump is nice--it's the location close to the elevators and stairs that makes them so convenient.

Our favorite hump cabin on JOS is 9576. It has an extra large and deep balcony that fits a lounger as well as a regular chair and table. It is very covered - deep deep and you can be out there in any rain storm and not have a problem. The location is awesome and it was the quietest cabin we have ever had.

Stay with 8586, I had it and it was much better the 8588, the balcony on 8588 was much smaller. I will post pictures when I get home tonight

Thanks!

8586 really looks a lot bigger (balcony) than 8588.

We had a center hump on deck 7 but gave it up for a $400 price drop and I am trying to get back as close as I can to the center!

We had the same room one floor below yours on our Radiance cruise. The balcony was definitely larger than the one next to it. You would not have a better view moving over one room so I would stick with the room you have and keep the bigger balcony!

I have to say though, looking at the diagram of the ship I was expecting the balcony to be bigger than it was. I really can't imagine having the smaller balcony. I will find out in April though since our room on the Liberty has a regular size balcony.

Archived