Labadee, Haiti

heatherandjohn

We were on Labadee a couple of years ago and did the jet ski trip. There are two on each jet ski and it was really fun. Those that want to go really fast and jump the waves can do so and there are others who are more cautious. It is a follow the leader excursion but a lot of fun and you get to see a bit more of the coast. We all really enjoyed it!! Cherie

We've been to Labadee three times since the Zipline has been in full use. We have never used it, but have a great time watching folks come down the cables. There are five cables but folks usually come down four at a time, one on each cable all traveling at different speeds.

The Zipline cables come down over a tropical forest and then out over the ocean before the landing near Dragon's Breath rocks. It must be an incredible experience.

I timed the "flight" at averaging just 45 seconds, but the actual adventure takes much longer because there are land-based training sessions, then a Jeep trip up the mountain to the jumping off place, then a wait while each group is set up for their "Zip."

I think the cost is about $85 per person. There are age and weight or height restrictions. It must be a tremendous thrill, but I'm a coward, so I haven't dared try it myself.

I saw someone's video from Labadee on youtube.... and I saw a beach with some thatched roof cabana like things (not enclosed) - that look real nice (I need shade - big time!). Which beach (or beaches) on Labadee have those - and can you get lounge chairs in those if you're one of the first off the ship?

Thanks!

Archived