Sapphire Princess Cruise Review (Mexican Riviera)

WehoAtlantis

Room Service: There is a charge added for each order that pays for all of the people involved with getting you your order. It was $10.50 on our cruise. The Continental Stateroom Breakfast included orange, apple, tomato and prune juice. Fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cereals such as Raisin Bran, Special K, Corn Flakes and Mueslix could also be ordered. There were Danish pastry's, bread rolls, Croissants, preserves and you could order a pot of coffee or a pot of hot water for tea. You just simply fill out the form and what time you would like it to be delivered on the night before. Note: You can write in eggs, cheese eggs, omelets, cheese omelets, bacon, sausage and ham and it will get delivered to your stateroom.

Thanks for the great review, we are sailing on January 3rd and I found this very helpful. I do have a question about what I pasted above this response in red. When did this procedure change. I have used room service many times and have never been charged even a dime. My practice was to tip the server for bringing the food but that was it. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

We've done the Diamond several times and the Sapphire and NEVER knew that we could write-in "eggs" on our breakfast room service menu.

My DH always has whole wheat toast, in the morning so I did write that in but I never knew I could get a cheese omelet by simply writing it in! :confused:

We'll be on the Sapphire in April....I'll have to try it! :rolleyes:

I really loved our experience on the Sapphire even though we had to leave later (due to the fires delaying about 200 travelers to the ship) and our delay in Cabo was glorious (due to tender problems).....the Captain is a true "Mensch!" :)

Archived