Bringing back a bottle or two

Past couple of trips we drove to the port and bringing back a bottle or maybe more was not an issue. Berfore 911 was able to bring back a 6 pack of spirits.. Has any one brought any back that was checked in on your flight and did it make it??? Also we would buy vanilla in mexico and bring on board flight not able to do so now and sure do not want to pack with my clothes.

I fly with spirits on a lot of trips. Just pack with a lot of bubble wrap, secure with packing tape and, if they fit, put into a large ziplock bag. (this would work for your Mexican vanilla) You would just have to take the supplies with you on your trip.

We just returned from cruise and packed 5 bottles in two suitcases, friend packed 5 in one case. We had a portable scale with us and went on trip with 28 lbs to spare between the two cases. For three of the bottles we purchased air-bags from the liquer shop on board for 1.95 each. This was worth the cost for peace of mind due to the loss of a good bottle of scotch a few years ago. Used bubble wrap and and gallon size zip-locs for others, everything made it home safe.

One idea I thought of was to get some foam to wrap the metal rods that run up and down the suitcase as I can unzip the lining in both of my cases the next time we travel to give further protection.

Archived