Aboard Maasdam - In Antigua today

sail7seas

It is probably about mid eighties, the sun is shining and we are docked in St. John, Antigua. .....aahh, life is good.

Guadaloupe became a dangerous ports with some guests bothered in some way and HAL said that would not be tolerated and that port has been dropped. Yippee, as far as I am concerned. We never liked it there very much.

Because it is Sunday, much is closed here in Antigua but they have the usual shops at the dock and we wandered through them for a while. It's such a beautiful day, we then went to the pool and hung out for a while. DH is still there.

Dinner last night (our third formal night this cruise) was excellent. The dining room looked lovely and we were honored to dine with the Hotel Manager and GRM. Certainly a treat we enjoyed immensely. If they keep this up, we may never leave!!! Of course, we have future cruises all booked and planned to return to our beautiful Maasdam soon.

We enjoyed live music for a good long while in the dining room, have been spoiled with great service, DH was happy to see calves liver back on the menu.... it had disappeared for a while. He said it was wonderful. It's a treat he does not get often. ;)

Grandeaur of the seas is across the dock from us and she looks to be a nice (though not new) ship.

Yesterday, sailing past the Twin Peaks In St. Lucia to pick up shore excursion guests on the other side of the island, we were treated to stunning views. The sailing ship, Windsurf, sailed just in front of us and we captured an amazing photo of her with the peaks behind. I'll try to post it here when we get home. Then, the gorgeous sunset...... bright, beautiful sun was magnificent in the blue sky with barely a few fluffy clouds. Great photo op!

Another barbeque is planned on deck tonight.....this is the third barbeque/pool party we've had this cruise and weather has certainly cooperated.

Minutes are disappearing from my interest package, so I'll sign off for now.

We cannot say how much we are loving being here, how fantastic this crew is, how eager to make everyone happy, how smooth Maasdam is sailing, what a wonderful vacation.

You stressed? Book Maasdam!!!! They have here what is the cure! :)

Had a chance to chat with a few CC'ers and enjoyed it a lot. Some very, very nice folks.

(Usual caveat........ :( didn't proof read.)

Bye to now!

'Sail' -- So happy (and envious ;)) of you on 'the beautiful & elegant' Maasdam ----- and happy that you are having favourable seas!

Still 4 weeks before we experience our first Noordam cruises :).

Enjoy the remainder of your vacation ---- [Oh, by the way, you're not missing much with QB Brady out (this is getting emberassing :mad:!!)]

Gord

We will be on her in 3 weeks. We are really looking forward to the trip. I'm hoping that the holiday decorations will still be up. We've sailed the Zaandam which is a sister ship and we feel that the size is 'Just right'.

How are the shows?

How is the formal dining room and who is serving you?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Larry

We will be on her in 3 weeks. We are really looking forward to the trip. I'm hoping that the holiday decorations will still be up. We've sailed the Zaandam which is a sister ship and we feel that the size is 'Just right'.

How are the shows?

How is the formal dining room and who is serving you?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Larry

Hey Larry, just a heads up and certainly no biggie!

Maasdam is a "S" class ship (sisters Statendam, Ryndam & Veendam)

Zaandam, is a "R" class ship (sisters Rotterdam, Volendam & Amsterdam)

There are differences between the "S" and "R's"

Enjoy your cruise on Maasdam in 3 weeks!

about mid eighties, the sun is shining and we are docked in St. John, Antigua

S7S, your trip sounds wonderful!!!! I hope this bit of info helps you enjoy the sun and sea even more: it is minus 34 here (southern Alberta), and we've had about 10 inches of snow, with a north wind of about 30 mph. Enjoy that balmy weather!

Hi highseascruiser. We already did our "winter" cruise, figuring that historically we get this MAJOR WINTER BLAST the last week of November. So we got outta town, back just in time for the blast.

Enjoy the Maasdam and your cruise! Stay warm. Plug in your car (that'll get the southerners wondering, won't it? :) )

Thanks for the timely post! We board on Friday too for the Christmas and New Years cruise!

I have most of the "busy-ness" completed (gifts bought and distributed) and I am so ready to board. Pulling out of the hustle bustle really allows me to enjoy Christmas by relaxing and reminding myself what Christmas really is.

Hey Cow Princess, here in Calgary -39C with windchill. Not many people out walking the dogs on the path behind our house. However, we're looking forward to boarding the Maasdam next week for Xmas and NY. Happy Christmas

OK I'm jealous. So glad I'm back from my 26 day warm weather cruise so I could deal with this weather in Calgary. Why didn't this happen 2 weeks ago :D.

Hey Larry, just a heads up and certainly no biggie!

Maasdam is a "S" class ship (sisters Statendam, Ryndam & Veendam)

Zaandam, is a "R" class ship (sisters Rotterdam, Volendam & Amsterdam)

There are differences between the "S" and "R's"

Enjoy your cruise on Maasdam in 3 weeks!

Thanks for the heads up. We've sailed on the Veendam a year ago and for two weeks on the Ryndam two years ago.

We have not been on the Rotterdam, Volendam or Amsterdam.

I appreciate the correction.

Larry

Thanks for the heads up. We've sailed on the Veendam a year ago and for two weeks on the Ryndam two years ago.

We have not been on the Rotterdam, Volendam or Amsterdam.

I appreciate the correction.

Larry

No biggie;) Major difference is an extra central stairwell/bank of elevators. The "S" class only has the forward and rear stairwell/elevators The "R's" are a bit longer and wider and the aft pool was moved up one deck on Volendam and Zaandam

Sail7Seas: Wow, sounds like you are having a wonderful cruise. We can hardly wait to leave this cold, damp weather behind here in Ontario and experience what you are experiencing in the sun and warmth. Take good care of the Maasdam for us as we board in just 25 days, I think......I have never seen St. Lucia so what you described sounds so lovely!! Can't wait to see your pic.

Sail -

Glad to hear you're having a good time! Miss you! We are packing to leave for FLL on Sunday... trying to spend every last minute we can with our new Marine who is leaving for Norfolk in a few weeks. Feeling a bit guilty he can't join us for the Holiday sailing...

I will email you, I have good news.

Take care and enjoy YOUR Maasdam - hugs to both you & Robert!

Sail -

Glad to hear you're having a good time! Miss you! We are packing to leave for FLL on Sunday... trying to spend every last minute we can with our new Marine who is leaving for Norfolk in a few weeks. Feeling a bit guilty he can't join us for the Holiday sailing...

I will email you, I have good news.

Take care and enjoy YOUR Maasdam - hugs to both you & Robert!

Semper Fi and Bravo Zulu to that new Marine, Laura! You guys, especially dad, must be proud!:)

Semper Fi and Bravo Zulu to that new Marine, Laura! You guys, especially dad, must be proud!:)

Oh, yes we are! - both Dad and son were 1st Btn, DH in Charlie, DS in Delta - so there's a bit of friendly "rivalry" there... The ceremony was awesome and DS's platoon took honor and DS qualified 'Expert' which made DH very happy!

Can you email me? I have a question about our upcoming trip I think you may be able to help me with. My laptop crashed and I lost my Outlook contacts lists...

Hey Sail 7Seas,

We in the middle of the ice storm of the decade think of you on our beloved Maasdam and hope you'll go up in the Crow's Nest and say hi to DJ Dan from Margaret and Chris and inhale that wonderful scent of flowers and warmth for us. Because we have more snow coming and cannot wait until Feb. to get on the Noordam and beat feet south. Have a wonderful trip!! margretha

Oh, yes we are! - both Dad and son were 1st Btn, DH in Charlie, DS in Delta - so there's a bit of friendly "rivalry" there... The ceremony was awesome and DS's platoon took honor and DS qualified 'Expert' which made DH very happy!

Can you email me? I have a question about our upcoming trip I think you may be able to help me with. My laptop crashed and I lost my Outlook contacts lists...

Awesome!

Will do but probably tomorrow - Pulling a double tonight

Awesome!

Will do but probably tomorrow - Pulling a double tonight

No problem! If interested, I have photos from MCRD graduation - DH put the telephoto on and got some amazing shots of the 'moto run' (and other stuff! - he loves the band, lol!)

Take care & don't work too hard!

Archived