Paradise cruisers dec 15 or after

victory2020

All you Paradise cruisers - please let us know of the changes made in drydock. I am interested in knowing if they put fridges or hairdryers in the rooms & how many 2-tops have been added to the dining rooms. I also hear they are puting in different food stations in the lido. Inquiring minds want to know!

Victory:

According to Carnival, these are the updates which are being planned during drydock

Planned Refurbishments for Drydock 12/01/08-12/14/08

• "Circle C" Young Teens club will be added to Atlantic Deck 8 (previously, the card room), featuring a high-tech sound and lighting system, plasma-screen TVs displaying movies and music videos, a touch-screen jukebox, and gaming pods with the latest video games and consoles.
  • "Evolutions of Fun": Serenity Adults-Only Retreat Area
  • Children's wading pool will be moved to Verandah Deck 11 aft section, replacing one of the whirlpools.
  • A variety of cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings and tile work throughout the ship.
  • Category 12 Suites will be refurbished, including bathrooms and flat-screen TV's.
  • Internet WIFI access will be bow-to-stern
  • A Mongoian Wok station and Rotissiere will be added to the Lido Restaurant

Hopefully someone can give an update after their cruise, just to see if Carnival did what it was planning to do.

lincdax

Victory:

According to Carnival, these are the updates which are being planned during drydock

Planned Refurbishments for Drydock 12/01/08-12/14/08

• "Circle C" Young Teens club will be added to Atlantic Deck 8 (previously, the card room), featuring a high-tech sound and lighting system, plasma-screen TVs displaying movies and music videos, a touch-screen jukebox, and gaming pods with the latest video games and consoles.
  • "Evolutions of Fun": Serenity Adults-Only Retreat Area
  • Children's wading pool will be moved to Verandah Deck 11 aft section, replacing one of the whirlpools.
  • A variety of cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings and tile work throughout the ship.
  • Category 12 Suites will be refurbished, including bathrooms and flat-screen TV's.
  • Internet WIFI access will be bow-to-stern
  • A Mongoian Wok station and Rotissiere will be added to the Lido Restaurant

Hopefully someone can give an update after their cruise, just to see if Carnival did what it was planning to do.

lincdax

I have seen this - I just wanted first hand knowledge, especialy about the dining room remodel. This isn't listed but I got that info from maitre'd last Feb. Also want to know about hair dryers & fridge. I'm not expecting either but they would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone been able to find out if there are hair dryers now in the Paradise oceanview rooms? I'm leaving Monday Jan 5 and want to know if I need to pack one. Thanks!

Pack it. Even if they did put them in regular rooms (they only put them in suites in other Fantasy class ships), they are very weak - only good if you have the shortest, finest hair.

I have seen this - I just wanted first hand knowledge, especialy about the dining room remodel. This isn't listed but I got that info from maitre'd last Feb. Also want to know about hair dryers & fridge. I'm not expecting either but they would be nice.

Highly unlikely on the fridges and hair dryers. They didn't add to the other Fantasy class ships that went through EOF, and Paradise didn't even get the full EOF treatment.

Did the Inspiration after the remodel...Not much difference.

No fridges or hair dryers added. Lido is slightly different. Main dining room is the same layout as before.

New carpet and fabrics were done. plus the addition of the waterworks area.

if you are looking to enter a whole new ship.....it won't be. But the massive clean-up and new fabrics and carpet were nice. Oh and the mattresses were great too.....and had a wall mounted flat screen in my 1A cabin.

Sorry if this is not what you were looking to hear but, they are doing the same exact thing to all the Fantasy Class ships...

Archived