I saw floor to ceiling windows in the Ocean View cabins-What cruiseline?

9855donna

:oI have been thru soooo many cruises and cruise ships and staterooms I can't remember one from the other.:confused:But I do remember seeing these beautiful floor to ceiling windows in an Oceanview cabin and I do not remember the cruiseline I was looking at...

Can anyone let me know where I was looking? It had to have been either a Bahamas cruise or Western Caribbean.

Thanks for any info.

It WAS carnival-- but Carnival saw that they can make a quicker buck by changing the oceanview cabins to Balcony cabins that come with perks offered by the spa. No smoking on the spa deck at all- not even the balcony

It WAS carnival-- but Carnival saw that they can make a quicker buck by changing the oceanview cabins to Balcony cabins that come with perks offered by the spa. No smoking on the spa deck at all- not even the balcony

Wow.No smoking on the spa deck? I wasn't really liking that deck but now it's beginning to appeal to me.

Thanks for the info!

Yes...Carnival has/had these.They used to be 6E's on Triumph, Victory, Destiny and all of the Conquest Class ships.

There has been a reclassification of cabin categories and I am not sure what they are now. SOME of the ships have converted them to balcony cabins during recent dry docks BUT not all.

If you are interested I would check the Carnival Website and look at the deck plans for these ships (or talk to TA/PVP). They will be on the Spa Deck on any of the above mentioned ships. From a recent thread I was reading I do not believe the Liberty switched over to balconies.

Also......I believe at this time that the only ships offering "Spa" cabins (with extra ammenities and no smoking) are the Splendor and the yet to sail Dream.

Wow.No smoking on the spa deck? I wasn't really liking that deck but now it's beginning to appeal to me.

Thanks for the info!

On Carnival Destiny the spa deck also has camp carnival:eek:.....not sure about that.But they do have balcony Cabin#1004 that holds 5 people:D.That's nice.But not sure it would be worth the busy halways and noise.:(

Am I wrong?

On Carnival Destiny the spa deck also has camp carnival:eek:.....not sure about that.But they do have balcony Cabin#1004 that holds 5 people:D.That's nice.But not sure it would be worth the busy halways and noise.:(

Am I wrong?

I actually found the Spa Deck to be rather quiet.

The cabins have their own hallway and since there are so few cabins here - compared to many other decks - the foot traffic is greatly reduced. People going to Camp Carnival would exit the elevator and not go through the cabin hallway to get there.

Some of the cabins are connecting. Yes...on the older ships you can have 5 in a cabin. When we did this we had 2 beds, one bunk, one couch that converted and a roll away.

Another nice thing about this deck is there is a door at the end that leads right out to the tiered area going down to the Lido Deck. It is very nice to get lounge chairs out there as you are very close to your cabin for bathroom etc.

I actually found the Spa Deck to be rather quiet.

The cabins have their own hallway and since there are so few cabins here - compared to many other decks - the foot traffic is greatly reduced. People going to Camp Carnival would exit the elevator and not go through the cabin hallway to get there.

Some of the cabins are connecting. Yes...on the older ships you can have 5 in a cabin. When we did this we had 2 beds, one bunk, one couch that converted and a roll away.

Another nice thing about this deck is there is a door at the end that leads right out to the tiered area going down to the Lido Deck. It is very nice to get lounge chairs out there as you are very close to your cabin for bathroom etc.

Wow that's great to know.I'm definitely looking into a cabin on the spa deck!Thanks.:D

I just got off the freedom yesterday and stayed on the spa deck with the floor to ceiling windows. It was a great room on a perfect deck. Very quiet and having access to the pool decks and buffets so close was great. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

Thank you for your replies.They are really helpful.I think my head is spinning.Being a first time cruiser I'm looking at every single cruise and researching to make sure it's the ship,cabin and itinerary that I know I'll be happy with.

Now I priced the room on the Spa deck on Carnival Destiny yesterday morning and it was $781.69pp.Then I went back and checked it out again last night (still debating if I should book now or later) and it went up in price to $821.69pp.:eek: That's pp incl. taxes/fees/port charges....

Is this normal? I know this happens all the time to airfares but cruises too?

Thank you for your replies.They are really helpful.I think my head is spinning.Being a first time cruiser I'm looking at every single cruise and researching to make sure it's the ship,cabin and itinerary that I know I'll be happy with.

Now I priced the room on the Spa deck on Carnival Destiny yesterday morning and it was $781.69pp.Then I went back and checked it out again last night (still debating if I should book now or later) and it went up in price to $821.69pp.:eek: That's pp incl. taxes/fees/port charges....

Is this normal? I know this happens all the time to airfares but cruises too?

tis the season= Prices just went up the past few days. We have family that booked a cruise a few weeks ago (less then 2 months ago) more family tried to book yesterday and the same ship went up 150.00pp more.

Prices do NOT fluctuate up and down. WHen a sailing is doing very well the price will go up. Personally I book my cruises well in advance--over a year out. Out of 12 cruises only one has ever come down in price.

If this is the ship/date etc that you want to book- book now and research- make sure you are working with an agent that does not charge to make any changes if you should find something better.

tis the season= Prices just went up the past few days. We have family that booked a cruise a few weeks ago (less then 2 months ago) more family tried to book yesterday and the same ship went up 150.00pp more.

Prices do NOT fluctuate up and down. WHen a sailing is doing very well the price will go up. Personally I book my cruises well in advance--over a year out. Out of 12 cruises only one has ever come down in price.

If this is the ship/date etc that you want to book- book now and research- make sure you are working with an agent that does not charge to make any changes if you should find something better.

Thanks for the great info.:DI am booking with Carnival directly.I do not want any middle guy if there's a problem.I've decided which cruise I want but I'm kinda on the fence about the date I want to go.:oThat's why I haven't booked anything yet.And it seems the longer I wait the higher the price of the cruise goes up...:eek:

Thanks for the great info.:DI am booking with Carnival directly.I do not want any middle guy if there's a problem.I've decided which cruise I want but I'm kinda on the fence about the date I want to go.:oThat's why I haven't booked anything yet.And it seems the longer I wait the higher the price of the cruise goes up...:eek:

The prices were supposed to go up by Decemeber 18th. Gone is the fuel charge but prices really reflect that--- Two weeks ago woulda gave you a better deal.

We stayed on the Spa deck on Victory seven years ago, and loved the cabin, the large windows, and the extra floorspace (which has disappeared on the ships that have converted to balconies). Great location. If I recall, Camp Carnival was up a deck, and I think we had an aerobics studio above us, but there wasn't much noise that we noticed. Loved the lack of people on this deck, and getting an elevator was always easy, with something like 8 or 10 elevators right there.

:oI have been thru soooo many cruises and cruise ships and staterooms I can't remember one from the other.:confused:But I do remember seeing these beautiful floor to ceiling windows in an Oceanview cabin and I do not remember the cruiseline I was looking at...

Can anyone let me know where I was looking? It had to have been either a Bahamas cruise or Western Caribbean.

Thanks for any info.

we are sailing on the Glory in January...Spa deck family room with Floor to ceiling window..Can't wait!

Am I wrong?

On the Glory..the Spa deck has 18 rooms and the "Spa" only..Camp carnival is the floor above! Quitest deck on the ship!

On the Destiny wiht Camp carnival beong on the same floor...Not sure how quiet that would be! Not "spa" like...

• 4 months later...

I saw a photo of a category G on Pride of America with floor to ceiling windows. Anyone been in one? Says they are obstructed. Would love to know what the obstruction is and how much you can see. Thanks.

Archived