getting into the terminal area San Pedro what Time

Arwenmark

DOes anyone know how early you can get into the secured port terminal and parking area in the morning on Cruise day?

I know some of the ports I have been too will not let anyone in to the port area until after all the passengers from the previous cruise have disembarked and mostly left.

Anyone with experience at THIS port or living there that might know for sure what time you can get into the area without being turned away??? This is assuming you are a documented passenger, not just sightseeing or whatever.

thanks.

what time you can get in and what time you can board are very different though

That is completely right which is why I tried to be specific and find out how early you could get into the secured terminal area not what time can I board.

But thanks for everyone's replies.

If you are looking to park your car that maybe one thing but if you are looking to get into the pax area that is another. We usually arrive between 11 and noon and ordinarilly there are people waitng who obviously have been there long before us.

having been to the Port of San Pedro in the past..

we just got there early after a long drive from NorCal..then

just tailgated it for a couple hrs..dump d the beer bottles and

empty Chinese carry-out carton s and went in at 11..

spent a half hr. checking in and waiting for our turn to board..

as it went we were onboard by 12:30..

Ok let me try to make this clearer, I have been to ports several times where even arriving at 10:30 or 11 and in one case 12 the cars were being turned away at the security entrance to the entire pier area. There is actually a Merchant marine WWII vessel there that we would like to see after parking as well as a maritime museum . but I don't want to have the situation , yet again, of arriving to get into pier area and being turned away and told to come back later.

I would just plan to arrive later say after 1 except that this being a Christmas Cruise I expect a lot of people and I don't want to have trouble with parking etc.

Also do you drop your bags at the terminal area and are they taken there by bag handlers before you park or what?

Here is a link to the World Cruise Center's website which sets out the parking lot operating hours. The liberty or victory ship that you wish to visit is a bit of a walk, but not impossible. Here is also a link to the Lane Victory site which will give you operating hours.

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/crusshp.htm

http://www.lanevictory.org/

It seems to me you can always park at the lot to the north of the terminal which also serves the Santa Catalina ferry. We usually get to the port around 11:00, bring a book and if there is no code red can board around noon.

Do you park there because the main terminal parking areas are not open yet to newcomers? or for some other reason?

Anyone know where and how soon you can drop your checked luggage? Or do you have to lug it with you till you go through security?

DOes anyone know how early you can get into the secured port terminal and parking area in the morning on Cruise day?

I know some of the ports I have been too will not let anyone in to the port area until after all the passengers from the previous cruise have disembarked and mostly left.

Anyone with experience at THIS port or living there that might know for sure what time you can get into the area without being turned away??? This is assuming you are a documented passenger, not just sightseeing or whatever.

thanks.

We were just there for Vision of the Seas departure Nov 30. We had a hotel shuttle for 10:30 but could have taken one at 10. People were coming and going. Last year we arrived about 11 in our private vehicle without any issue and it appeared we could have gotten there earlier.

Do you park there because the main terminal parking areas are not open yet to newcomers? or for some other reason?

Anyone know where and how soon you can drop your checked luggage? Or do you have to lug it with you till you go through security?

Lately we've stayed at hotels with parking, or flown into LAX, so we didn't have to park at the pier. In previous years, that lot was the main parking available, and there was shuttle transport to the check-in. Someone else can probably bring you up to date.

About luggage, there should be porters waiting when you get there - don't forget a tip for them (wet luggage isn't any fun, they say). ;) Being "frugal", I've found that $1 per bag works well.

Archived