Little information on Artemis Please

EtherlyCC

We are possibly looking to book a Carribean Cruise for November on the Artemis and wonder if i could have a little information from any past passengers. We have sailed on the Empress of Seas so know smaller hips suit us.

What is the average age of passengers on board (I know this changes but is it more senior people).

Is there plenty to do on board (4 sea days on itinary we are looking at and I get bored quite easy)

Thanks for any help :)

I recently went on a ships visit of Artemis, cannot help with your questions, but can show you 45 photos of the ship if you are interested:

Here is link; cut and paste to search bar or double click it

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/ArtemisShipVisit30908?authkey=NxbTIyq3gOA#

PRESS 'SLIDESHOW' FOR BIGGER PHOTOS.

Hi, I went on the Artemis in December 2007 for my 40th birthday, it was a Christmas themed Baltic's cruise. We found the ship had very attractive public rooms but felt it was not for us. I think mainly it was because of the very high age group on board we at 39/40 and 45 were amongst the youngest on board with most people being over 55 and the average age was about 70. I just prefer medium to larger ships as I like a variety of bars and a dedicated nightclub as I don't like shows or entetainers. Having said that alot of the things I like or dislike are personal to me and as you said yourself you like smaller ships and most people like the entertainments and shows. Also the age range may be a little different on a Caribbean cruise, certainly someone I know who has cruised on the Artemis to the Caribbean said that she thought it fairly mixed so I would have a look at Sues photos and see what you think as she is a attractive little ship. Claire.

Hi, I went on the Artemis in December 2007 for my 40th birthday, it was a Christmas themed Baltic's cruise. We found the ship had very attractive public rooms but felt it was not for us. I think mainly it was because of the very high age group on board we at 39/40 and 45 were amongst the youngest on board with most people being over 55 and the average age was about 70. I just prefer medium to larger ships as I like a variety of bars and a dedicated nightclub as I don't like shows or entetainers. Having said that alot of the things I like or dislike are personal to me and as you said yourself you like smaller ships and most people like the entertainments and shows. Also the age range may be a little different on a Caribbean cruise, certainly someone I know who has cruised on the Artemis to the Caribbean said that she thought it fairly mixed so I would have a look at Sues photos and see what you think as she is a attractive little ship. Claire.

Thanks Claire, we are both in our 40's also and like a party time. I do not like shows but prefer a good lively bar for a good laugh. We have decided not to do this cruise but look elsewhere, possibly RCI again. Thanks again for your input.

Sue, phota's are great, thanks also.

Graeme

Hi, we are 61 (just) and 69. We had a ball on Artemis. We met both older and younger people on board. Depends on the cruise what talks there are, but mainly surely you do what you want to do and don't do what you don't want to do. I choose our cruises for the places I am going and not for the ship. Having said that, Artemis is a proper ship, but a flatbottomed block of flats and therefore she takes the seas better than they do. We had quite rough weather and hardly felt it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

:):( Hi! We have just returned from the Christmas cruise on Artemis. You will see from the smilies, reactions are mixed! The ship itself was fine and we were happy with cabin size and balcony. A nice mix of people, but, initially, we were separated from friends at dinner, when arrangements had been made and confirmed last January. This was sorted. We found the entertainment, especially the production shows, very good, individual acts varied. Dinners proved to be disappointing. The quality was poor and the service left a lot to be desired. The menus read well but basic training for the wait staff is a must! Two ports of call were omitted with not very convincing explanations given. In spite of these criticisms we did enjoy the cruise overall, but would not choose Artemis again.

Gosh I am so surprised that you say the waiter service wasn't good. We only sailed on her in September and our waiters were superb! I would say that occasionally I couldn't find anything on the menu that I fancied, but that was only a couple of nights.

Agree with Rosie on this one. What she did not mention was that the norwalk virus killed the atmosphere for a good part of the cruise. You looked sideways at anyone near you worried that they would sneeze at you.

Oddly, if one person was confined to cabin their partner was not.

The service on our table at dinner was very good but we had a more senior waiter. At lunch one waiter almost shovelled a load of condiments onto my curry when I wasn't looking. Another time the wine waiter brought our pre-ordered wine after the main course and on another I had to track down the maitre d' as the wine waiter was not there at all. When he was there he kept creeping up trying to top up our glasses (and make us drink more wine) and when I waved off a refill he never came back.

Graeme, we found the average age in excess of 70 and one of our table companions complained that most events after 11pm died! Good call.

Archived