Ruby A750/751

bajathree

OK...I have read all the aft threads and did searches...there seems to be soo much debate about the vents...some say they are noisy others say they didn't even notice...so what gives:confused: Did anything change on Ruby...are the complaints the same on these suites, or are they any better. I do notice that there are now 2 new balconies aft on Riviera deck that may also look down now. If anyone has any info on these 2 cabins on Ruby please let me know.

Those Riviera aft balconies appear to stick out from the back of the ship, so I'd make the guess that they don't look down onto Aloha. On the Sapphire, those aft balconies were even with the stern, and you could see down onto the couple feet of balcony near the railing of the suites below. Nothing like looking down onto the Caribe or Dolphin balconies on the side of the ship though.

Those Riviera aft balconies appear to stick out from the back of the ship, so I'd make the guess that they don't look down onto Aloha. On the Sapphire, those aft balconies were even with the stern, and you could see down onto the couple feet of balcony near the railing of the suites below. Nothing like looking down onto the Caribe or Dolphin balconies on the side of the ship though.

You can definatley look down on the Riviera deck balconies back there from the Terrace pool area but I think the back of the ship slopes inward as it goes down so I don't think that would be too much of an issue looking into the Aloha balconies. :)

I was on the Ruby a few weeks ago and checked out the new Riviera Balc. You can definately look down on them from the terrace pool. Not sure how deep the balcony was so it might have some partial cover.

I too am very curious about that because they do look nice.:)

I recalled that member Inletcam had some pics of the Ruby's arrival, so I went back and found this pic that he took. It looks like you can see down onto the A750/751 balconies from the aft Riviera balconies. Can't tell from the pic if you can from the Terrace Pool railing.

ruby04.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Regarding the terrace pool railing, as I said in a previous post you can definately look down on those balconies. I checked it out on my dec 6 Ruby cruise,but still not sure if they have a partial cover (like caribe deck) or not. From the photos it's hard to tell.

Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing, the Aloha balconies the OP is asking about are in the center, directly below the pool. The Riviera balconies are the 2 on either side of the pool. It looks like you can see into the Riviera balconies from the railing by the pool, and it also looks like you can see down onto the A750/751 balconies from the 2 inner Riviera balconies (R748/749). It isn't clear whether you can look directly down from the poolside railing onto A750/751.

ruby05.jpg

Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing, the Aloha balconies the OP is asking about are in the center, directly below the pool. The Riviera balconies are the 2 on either side of the pool. It looks like you can see into the Riviera balconies from the railing by the pool, and it also looks like you can see down onto the A750/751 balconies from the 2 inner Riviera balconies (R748/749). It isn't clear whether you can look directly down from the poolside railing onto A750/751.

Yes I suppose it can be confusing. I was talking about the riviera deck corner balconies. Not sure about aloha but I think Colo is right about the decks sloping inward which would make aloha covered. That is only an assumption on my part. :confused: Be interesting to hear more.....

• 1 month later...
OK...I have read all the aft threads and did searches...there seems to be soo much debate about the vents...some say they are noisy others say they didn't even notice...so what gives:confused: Did anything change on Ruby...are the complaints the same on these suites, or are they any better. I do notice that there are now 2 new balconies aft on Riviera deck that may also look down now. If anyone has any info on these 2 cabins on Ruby please let me know.

Hello:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We stayed in A750. There was no noise or vents. The deck is nice and deep with a table with four chairs and 2 loungers with small tables.

The deck was pretty private.

If you were standing at the rail you could see the balcony of the Rivera cabin. However, if you were at your table or using your lounge chairs it was private.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Ruby Princess this morning. stayed in A750. You cannot see down on to it from the Terrace Pool. The Terrace pool sticks out slightly farther back than the balcony for this suite. The folks in the Riviera rooms just above can see a sliver of the balcony for A750, but the balcony is deep, gigantic, and private. We used it every single day.

Do you know how the view is from R746 & R747?

In the ship layout, it appears that these balconies are larger than R750 & R751. Any idea?

Does anyone have a picture showing the side view of the Ruby?

SanFranCruizer - Did you feel a lot of vibration from the ship, while in your cabin? Did you have any problem with noises from the Café Caribe?

You aren't going to hear any noise from Cafe Caribe. We were in R743 and only heard minor noises and very seldom. Your stateroom is not going to be under Cafe Caribe. Ours was in under the very back of Cafe Caribe. I loved that location and hope to book it again. It was so nice being that close to the Terrace Pool, the Outrigger and Cafe Caribe.

• 4 months later...

Archived