baggage tag question

rockymo

This is probably a stupid question, but I just received my baggage tags for an upcoming IP cruise. We are on Emerald deck but the tags have a big letter A on them. I have been on 6 or so princess cruises but not for about 3 years, so maybe I am remembering wrong, but isn't the letter on the tag supposed to be my deck number (this case 8)? Please help me put my mind to rest that my bags won't end up on Aloha deck. :<

Thanks for being so quick bhopal, but we are very near the front of ship, but as long as I know it's not the deck designation I can rest.

Well for some reason they want to load your baggage through the rear elevators; but I am sure it will make it's way to your cabin.:D

Mike:)

This is probably a stupid question, but I just received my baggage tags for an upcoming IP cruise. We are on Emerald deck but the tags have a big letter A on them. I have been on 6 or so princess cruises but not for about 3 years, so maybe I am remembering wrong, but isn't the letter on the tag supposed to be my deck number (this case 8)? Please help me put my mind to rest that my bags won't end up on Aloha deck. :<

Have you checked your princess personalizer to make sure there hasn't been a cabin change? If your stateroom is all the way forward, you should have an 'F' on your baggage tags. You fill in the cabin number, and as Mike says, the letter designates forward or aft for delivery.

Coarse, it could just be an office error, but many times I have heard of this and passengers have gotten an upgrade they didn't even know about. It's worth a quick check anyway.

Have you checked your princess personalizer to make sure there hasn't been a cabin change? If your stateroom is all the way forward, you should have an 'F' on your baggage tags. You fill in the cabin number, and as Mike says, the letter designates forward or aft for delivery.

Coarse, it could just be an office error, but many times I have heard of this and passengers have gotten an upgrade they didn't even know about. It's worth a quick check anyway.

Of course after reading this I "quick like a bunny" rushed to my personalizer to check our accomodations. :) Nope. No upgrade. :(

We just got our tags for the 2/22 sailing on the Caribbean Princess. Since we haven't been assigned a cabin yet, our tags have no markings on them.

Once I see the assignment on the personalizer, I'll mark them. I guess the guys at the pier will know which elevator to put them on?

Bibi: What Mike said. Our travel documents showed up FedEx this past Monday, 69 days before our February 22 Crown sailing. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed in the contents. Aside from the luggage tags, the contents can pretty much all be found on Princess' website. We still have to go online and print off our boarding passes, etc. I miss the days when we got a thick packet in the mail with all sorts of goodies in them. Ah, progress - sometimes it isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Serene, I would think they have to be. There is nothing on the tags except for "A." No deck number, no nothing. Mine are brown, presumably for Emerald deck. I'd be curious, though to know what color tags others got and what deck they're on.

Bibi: What Mike said. Our travel documents showed up FedEx this past Monday, 69 days before our February 22 Crown sailing. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed in the contents. Aside from the luggage tags, the contents can pretty much all be found on Princess' website. We still have to go online and print off our boarding passes, etc. I miss the days when we got a thick packet in the mail with all sorts of goodies in them. Ah, progress - sometimes it isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

LOL...I agree! I love getting those thick packets! Oh well...:D

Serene, I would think they have to be. There is nothing on the tags except for "A." No deck number, no nothing. Mine are brown, presumably for Emerald deck. I'd be curious, though to know what color tags others got and what deck they're on.

What ship are you on?

There is a space for you to put your cabin number on the tags i.e. E704

We are in an aft cabin, Caribe level, on the Crown in January and have brownish luggage tags. I just filled them out and still have 41 days until cruise date !!

I wouldn't be so sure luggage will make it to your cabin. Many years ago one piece of our luggage did not make it on the ship and we didn't see it until the day of the Michigan/OSU football game, one week after we were home. (This was not on a Princess cruise) Not only did we not have half of our clothes, but I had to miss the game waiting for luggage to be delivered.

I wouldn't be so sure luggage will make it to your cabin. Many years ago one piece of our luggage did not make it on the ship and we didn't see it until the day of the Michigan/OSU football game, one week after we were home. (This was not on a Princess cruise)

I think things have changed for the better over the years and I wouldn't judge a future cruise by what happened once many years ago.:rolleyes:

are luggage tags different colors depending on the deck?

The luggage tags are all the same color for each sailing. If I remember correctly though, those cabins that have not been assigned as of the date of mailing the luggage tags are a bit different. Striped I think. Same color stripes, but not a solid color like everyone elses.

The color does not change depending on the deck you are booked on, at least it hasn't been different on past cruises we have sailed on with Princess.

Archived