Hope everyone makes it onboard.

COLLEYBERRY

There is a huge storm approaching the Northwest today. They are predicting lots of snow and winds up to 75 mph by this evening. All mountain passes are expecting to be closed with blizzard conditions.

Right now it is -4 F (that is -20 C) in Central Washington State. All in all, I wish I were cruising in warmer climes but it is definitely not a good time to be traveling.:eek:

Jim

Hey ColleyBerry! The sun is shining in North Oakville, so don't give up yet :p. I'm off to shovel myself out, but my street hasn't been plowed yet so I'll have to cross my fingers and hope to make it to the corner :eek:

We are leaving January 3 for a January 4 cruise out of New Orleans, and I thought going in one day early will be enough. Now I'm not so sure :(. Good luck to everyone travelling!

Bonnie

Hey ColleyBerry! The sun is shining in North Oakville, so don't give up yet :p. I'm off to shovel myself out, but my street hasn't been plowed yet so I'll have to cross my fingers and hope to make it to the corner :eek:

We are leaving January 3 for a January 4 cruise out of New Orleans, and I thought going in one day early will be enough. Now I'm not so sure :(. Good luck to everyone travelling!

Bonnie

The sun is shining in Glen Abbey too.:D

Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie !! Received your sunshine. DH is about to do battle with the white stuff as well.

Have a wonderful cruise and safe travels:)

Colleen

OMG - I'm putting on my red sequinned shoes, clicking the heels together and saying very loudly "I wish we were on a cruise, I wish we were on a cruise, I wish we were on a cruise!!!!" Right now it's -48 with the wind chill; when I got up at 7 this morning, it was -51. Give me snow anytime; I really don't like this cold crap. Thanks for letting me vent!

Colleyberry - how much snow do you have right now? Are you getting pommelled with more as we speak?

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Hey Marle 7,

What wonderous delights are you preparing for your holiday table ?:)

Glad the sun is shining on you as well. Happy Holidays

We have the first of two Christmas Dinners tonight. Tonight's will be quite similar to Thanksgiving.

Warm cheese dip with crostini and olive oil flatbreads

Tortilla crisps

Homemade dinner rolls

homemade cranberry sauce

Apple Fennel bacon stuffing

Roast Turkey

Roasted potatoes

Mashed potatoes

Glazed Carrots

gravy!

Our company is bringing the dessert.

For our family Christmas dinner which will actually be Christmas Eve, it will be Prime Rib, roasted potatoes, yorkies, gravy and probably broccoli and hollandaise. Yule log for dessert.

After that, it's bread and water for a week until New Years eve when we are hosting a party at the cottage, with more Prime rib, done on the smoker this time and the rest of the menu to be decided on.:D

OMG - I'm putting on my red sequinned shoes, clicking the heels together and saying very loudly "I wish we were on a cruise, I wish we were on a cruise, I wish we were on a cruise!!!!" Right now it's -48 with the wind chill; when I got up at 7 this morning, it was -51. Give me snow anytime; I really don't like this cold crap. Thanks for letting me vent!

Colleyberry - how much snow do you have right now? Are you getting pommelled with more as we speak?

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Ger77 -51 for heavens sake that's not funny. Stay inside please!! We had more snow overnight and snowed earlier this morning. Sun is shining now, as to amount ...lots!!

Snowblower acted up yesterday DH said some very very bad words,hope Santa wasn't listening:) Working fine now ,good thing we have more snow on the way. Keep clicking your heels ,who knows might happen

We have the first of two Christmas Dinners tonight. Tonight's will be quite similar to Thanksgiving.

Warm cheese dip with crostini and olive oil flatbreads

Tortilla crisps

Homemade dinner rolls

homemade cranberry sauce

Apple Fennel bacon stuffing

Roast Turkey

Roasted potatoes

Mashed potatoes

Glazed Carrots

gravy!

Our company is bringing the dessert.

For our family Christmas dinner which will actually be Christmas Eve, it will be Prime Rib, roasted potatoes, yorkies, gravy and probably broccoli and hollandaise. Yule log for dessert.

After that, it's bread and water for a week until New Years eve when we are hosting a party at the cottage, with more Prime rib, done on the smoker this time and the rest of the menu to be decided on.:D

Delightful ,sounds delicious. I knew I'd be glad I asked:) Your menus are always such a treat to read. Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Health and Happiness for 2009

Archived