Saving Chairs at Pool?

jdlg4silb

We are leaving on Glory for a New Year's cruise, and are remembering the bad experience with getting chairs poolside on our last cruise 3 years ago. How is that going these days?

I know our ship is going to be full, so should I expect difficulty?

On our last cruise, the chairs were pretty much all saved by 8 a.m.

Am curious to hear everyone's tactics???

We are leaving on Glory for a New Year's cruise, and are remembering the bad experience with getting chairs poolside on our last cruise 3 years ago. How is that going these days?

Hate to say it, but things are still the same.... no better and no worse... the "Chair Hogs" are alive and well !

Well, you aren't allowed to save chairs, so when I am at the pool and I see a towel that has been sitting there for an hour and no one is around, I just move it and use the chair.

I haven't had anyone come back to claim "their" chair yet!

This is an excellent rule of thumb. Sad to say, the chair hog crowd is alive and well :rolleyes:

SCARE...i mean CHAIR TACTICS....

1. Pack an extra t-shirt (that you wouldnt mind losing)

2. Pack a extra paperback novel (that you wouldnt mind losing)

Put them on the chair you want...either one or both. That should buy you some time. You can walk away and your chair should still be there. I've seen it done in which full unopened cans of soda and water have been placed on the chair as well and that acts as a people deterrent as well. If any one of these items is taken then the loss isnt that bad.

Well, you aren't allowed to save chairs, so when I am at the pool and I see a towel that has been sitting there for an hour and no one is around, I just move it and use the chair. QUOTE]

AN HOUR!! :D You sit and watch a chair for an HOUR!! :D

Generally, there are lounge chairs on the decks above the actual pool---and it's quieter up there, too!

Unless you have to be within 4 feet of the pool itself, finding a chair shouldn't be THAT hard!

And if every chair has "belongings" on it, but no one sitting there, tell the pool attendant---they will move the stuff!

That way, when the owner comes back, you can truthfully say---"Oh, this chair was empty!!!"

I've never understood this problem. Why does everyone want a chair by the pool?:confused:

I hear ya, cantwait!! When I was 20 and LIKED loud, obnoxious experiences I couldn't wait to get a chair by the pool!! Now, at 45, preferring quiet and peacefulness, I get as far way from the pool as humanly possible. Let the new generation of 20 something duke it out, LOL!

My tactic is I take a long plastic enclosed pet tether with a lock. I put it around about six deck chairs by the pool and lock them together. That way I have my chairs all day and to heck with everyone else......:D

Oops...sorry...you wanted to know how to steal one away from chair hogs...Nevermind...LOL.....:p

Have a great cruise......;)

Typical day on the Conquest...

Conquest097.jpg

More empty (towel) chairs than people sitting in them. I took this pic 'looking for a chair' lol. Nature of the beast but no worries.

looks like many people were in front of the stage when you took this pick so it might be a bit skewed.....;);)

looks like many people were in front of the stage when you took this pick so it might be a bit skewed.....;);)

Yeah that's it lol. Everyone went back to their chairs following the ice sculpture cutting;) Chair hogs are a bad group of greedy people and I wish we made it out on deck earlier so I could be just like them:D

Sea days on the Conquest you will not find a available chair unless you are up at the top, and you are lucky then. We actually did prefer to be closer to the top as it was much more relaxed. My wife hated it as it was a good walk to the icecream machine:eek::D

There are always more chairs than passengers. Everyone just can't be sitting on the 50 yard line.

Well said......

I am an early morning person, I am at the pool with cup of coffee and book at 6:00 am, I watch as people come down and panic about getting chairs.....there may not be any left at the "50 yard line" but there are always chairs available somewhere on the decks. I am not one of the ones at the 50 yard line either its too pushy down there :eek:

Enjoy your cruise

There has never ever been a problem with people saving chairs or "chair hogs". This is just the whining of lazy primadonnas that don't get down to the pool until high noon and then expect to be able to get whatever chair they choose. It's all part of our narcisstic society. People that move other peoples stuff are pigs and should be thrown overboard.

There has never ever been a problem with people saving chairs or "chair hogs". This is just the whining of lazy primadonnas that don't get down to the pool until high noon and then expect to be able to get whatever chair they choose. It's all part of our narcisstic society. People that move other peoples stuff are pigs and should be thrown overboard.

This should start a few arguments...........

Carnival's policy says (in the capers) that after 30 minutes of non-use, staff may move stuff on the chair and allocate the chair to someone who wants to use it.

This should start a few arguments...........

People can argue, but that statement has a lot of truth to it. The only part I would change is that the magic time seems to be @ 10:30. We are sun worshippers, and I have NEVER, on any cruise, had difficulty finding a chair on deck before 10:30 in the a.m. It may not be 50 yard line, but is usually pretty close.

...lazy primadonnas that don't get down to the pool until high noon and then expect to be able to get whatever chair they choose. It's all part of our narcisstic society.

I believe you've used the right words to describe the WRONG group. The lazy primadonna I believe is the one who so thinks he/she DESERVES that chair SO much, he/she will attempt to save that chair for only him or herself. Narcissistic? You betcha!;)

Archived