Guaranty Balcony question

sparkscruiser

Here's a question for recent balcony guaranty cruisers. I booked my BL guaranty last February for my Pride cruise through the Canal. Since Carnival has since changed catagories around and I was originally a 8A guaranty I won't be changed to a 7A will I? I have called my PVP and she is checking with her supervisor to be sure they don't put me in a 7A. Please, none of the "if you wanted a specific room" comments. I don't really care so much where I am am, just want to be sure that since the changes to the catagories they aren't downgrading folks to 7A's. Thanks for the replies.

OK, for grins I went to the Carnival site and selected another cruise and then selected balcony. It defaults to 7A - which has me concerned. I sm guessing from the lack of response there hasn't been anyone who booked BL Guarnaty a long time ago who has been given a 7A. I guess I wait for the reposne from my PVP.

I booked an 8A Gty for a March trip on the Spirit. I have never been on Carnival before. They assigned me an 8C. I notice that, 74 days out, there are many, many balcony cabins available in the higher cats. Does Carnival u/g passengers more than once depending on the occupancy rates? Thanks

For what it's worth we booked an 8a gty. for the Miracle 1/24/09 last July. Ended up with a 8 e. If I remember correctly this was just prior to the category change and we were guarenteed no less than an 8a.

Good luck and enjoy yor Cruise

They can't downgrade you from what you would have received at time of booking. I'm not sure how BL gty works vs 8A gty. I've always booked 8A gty which means nothing lower than 8A. I would definately call though. Good luck.

For the other poster that asked if you can get upgraded twice. It can happen but not often. Usually, once you have an assignment, thats what you get.

sparks ~ please let us know what your PVP tells you. I booked an 8A guarantee for the Spirit for next February, so I'm interested in what you find out.

This is the first time I've ever booked a guarantee. It is a CC Group Cruise, which is the only reason I booked guarantee.

I haven't paid much attention to the different categories since they changed....what exactly is a 7A? Is it an obstructed view (lifeboats) with the french doors but no real balcony?

Thanks, Yukon. I knew those used to be 5A, but I wasn't sure how they classified them now. So, what did the current 7A used to be? :confused:

I've always had OV or Inside cabins before this, so I never paid much attention to the different balcony categories.

Thanks, Yukon. I knew those used to be 5A, but I wasn't sure how they classified them now. So, what did the current 7A used to be? :confused:

I've always had OV or Inside cabins before this, so I never paid much attention to the different balcony categories.

The 7A catagory didn't change, so if you booked a balcony guarantee 7A would not be a downgrade. Just depends on how you made the reservation. Good luck!

The 7A catagory didn't change, so if you booked a balcony guarantee 7A would not be a downgrade. Just depends on how you made the reservation. Good luck!

The BL category did not used to include 7A, so yes it would be a downgrade. If you booked recently then no, you are correct. The BL guarantee has changed. (note very few people book 7A guarantees, so Im assuming from how the OP wrote his post he did not book a 7A guarantee, or he would not now be asking if he could get that).

The IS guarantees, now also include 1A, and no one yet has gotten that.

The OV guarantees now also include 5A.

These are changes, a way for Carnival to up the price to include lower category cabins in the guarantees.

Hey sparkscruiser........(off topic alert)........you will appreciate this:

When DH and I got married, we went to "Reno" for our honeymoon (we were VERY young and broke). I made the mistake of leaving the honeymoon planning to him. He made us reservations at........Harold's Pony Express Lodge! His mom and dad had stayed there before, so that's how he knew about it. LOL! Since you live in Sparks, I'm sure you've seen the neon sign with the galloping horse.......it was still there last time we were in Reno/Sparks this last summer. That was the last time I let him handle the vacation and travel plans! LOL! I have good memories of that trip, though, and I always smile every time we drive by the old Pony Express. :D

If the booking was an 8A Gty. then there is no danger of a 7A as no 8A's were changed to 7A's. If the booking was a BL on a Spirit class ship, it could include 7A's.

Believe only that which you get in writing from Carnival. Telephone assurances? You might as well be talking to Sam's Septic Service [ MOTTO: it smells like money to me] for all the weight telecon's carry.

Dan

It was a BL guaranty I believe. I made the reservation so long ago it's hard to recall.

Mom of Zeke, moved here about 15 years ago and love it. Funny about the Pony Express, though. I think it's still there, but go that way very often.

Thanks everyone. I will be watching my res and trying to touch base with the PVP and let you uys know.

If the booking was an 8A Gty. then there is no danger of a 7A as no 8A's were changed to 7A's. If the booking was a BL on a Spirit class ship, it could include 7A's.

Believe only that which you get in writing from Carnival. Telephone assurances? You might as well be talking to Sam's Septic Service [ MOTTO: it smells like money to me] for all the weight telecon's carry.

Dan

I resent that. Lol, j/k. If you booked prior to 10/08, you'll get 8a or better. After 10/08 you'll get 7a or better. HTH.

Thanks everyone for your input. I got a message from my PVP today and she informs me that she checked with not only her supervisor, but others a s well and we are definately an 8A or better. She really is a good one. If this doesn't work out - I will post another update. 90 days to go!

Archived