Thickness of cabin walls

sprender

This will be our first cruise with our 8 year old son. How thick are the cabin walls on the Star? Will he be able to hear if the people next to our room "get busy"? We will be in a mini suite but all the walls are probably the same.

I have never heard any sort of noise from another cabin, so I would imagine not. The only exception I could think of is if your balcony door was open and someone else was on thier balcony or their door was also open and being really loud.

Noise from next door is rather rare, amazingly. As mentioned, noise from noisy neighbors is sometimes there. People stand on the balcony with their head in the wind and yell into their spouse, etc and it does echo into your balcony. We sorta laughed at it on our last cruise. I think she was hard of hearding, and he was tired of hearing her, so she just kept yelling.

This will be our first cruise with our 8 year old son. How thick are the cabin walls on the Star? Will he be able to hear if the people next to our room "get busy"? We will be in a mini suite but all the walls are probably the same.

We were on the Star Thanksgiving week and had 4 teen age boys next door. We had to call security twice. One night they went out and left the Tv on so loud that you can could hear it as if you had it on in your room. This was 1am that it was going. 2nd time they were fooling around banging in to walls went on for over an hour before we called. It sounded like they were coming threw the wall. This was also around 1am. Could I have walked over sure but I was not getting involved with them and felt calling security was the way to go. That being said this was the 1st time in almost 20 cruise that we had a problem. :)

I could hear the child next door when it cried or threw tantrums. Led to a few sleepless nights until I found some earplugs and then I slept the sleep of the dead.

On the other side we had an elderly couple. He seemed to shout a lot and also coughed a lot.

I would say the walls are of a reasonable thickness and extreme noise does penetrate through.

Yes on both of our cruises I heard the people next door getting busy :cool:

Even if he 'hears' them getting busy; he won't know what he is hearing; so you can pass it off as them watching tv, dancing, exercising etc... :)

We were on the Star a couple of years ago in a mini-suite. We had a penthouse and another mini-suite ajoining. Never heard anything coming from the penthouse but did hear the mini-suite a couple of times. (no business stuff though!).:D

If you are a normal or deep sleeper, there shouldn't be any issues. Light sleeper (myself), should bring ear-wear just in case..

Archived