Presidents week 2010

Nekochan

Okay, so we're booked on RCCL explorer this Presidents week, and I started looking at 2010. It seems like the only ship leaving president's week in 2010 is the NCL Gem to florida and bahamas (ugh for the itinerary and the ship - I was not happy with my last cruise). The RCCL cruise is lasting for 12 days, and will get us back to school too late. Does anyone know if RCCL or anyone else is planning a President's week cruise that week out of the NY area? I'd hate to have to fly down to Florida.

Okay, so we're booked on RCCL explorer this Presidents week, and I started looking at 2010. It seems like the only ship leaving president's week in 2010 is the NCL Gem to florida and bahamas (ugh for the itinerary and the ship - I was not happy with my last cruise). The RCCL cruise is lasting for 12 days, and will get us back to school too late. Does anyone know if RCCL or anyone else is planning a President's week cruise that week out of the NY area? I'd hate to have to fly down to Florida.

I am not aware of other lines that sail out of NY area year round. Carnival will have the Pride out of Baltimore year round starting in late April 2009. That is a driveable port from NY area but the itin is FL/Bahamas. Other than that I think you are looking at FL (or somewhere else by plane)

I had booked the NCL Dawn out of NYC one year to avoid the air thing and I actually wound up cancelling and sailing out of FL.....I did not like the idea of not starting my vacay in warm weather and the seas in the Atlantic can be rough.....those things combined meant a couple of sea days that were not the kind of cruise I was really looking for. That is a personal decision for me but just something worth thinking about.

There are only 3 ships that leave the Northern East Coast for RCCL - Explorer out of Bayonne NJ

Grandeur out of Baltimore

Jewel out of Boston

Feb 5, Feb 26 - 9 Night on Explorer - Eastern Carib

Feb 14 - 12 night on Explorer - Southern Carib

Grandeur has no Winter sailings out of Baltimore.

Jewel has no Winter sailings out of Boston.

We've been sailing President's Week for several years now, all out of Florida, and we're looking at Carnival Pride out of Baltimore in 2010 just so we can drive. It's a 7-day leaving on Sunday, so we won't have to take the kids out of school. I'm not crazy about the itinerary (Port Canaveral, Freeport and Nassau), but I just like being on a ship and getting away from the miserable Upstate New York weather in February.

Just be ready to search and search for airline deals in February!

We paid an arm and a leg for flights for this past February Vacation. We ended up on the Liberty 8 Day Southern Carribean, and we loved it! But flights were about $400.00 each from Providence to FLL.

Catrin

Fortunately I live near both JFK and LaGuardia, so I have a wide choice of flights.

Thanks for the advice.

I still have to mull things over. I'm going to wait until after my RCCL cruise this february to decide. I might visit a friend in San Diego instead.

Archived