IOS Eastern Caribbean Excursion Help

mlprahl

My DW (who will be 19 weeks pregnant at the time of our sailing Jan 24) and I booked on the Independence last week, but we are having difficulties figuring out what excursions to go on. Because there's not much time left before the cruise, a lot of the ship's excursions that we would be interested in are sold out.

We are visiting San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Labadee. We're into snorkeling, kayaking, or even just being at the beach; and though we've done a lot of more strenuous activities on past cruises, we're looking to take things a bit easier this time around due to the pregnancy.

Anyway, hoping to get some thoughts about excursions folks have gone on in the past or if anyone can recommend an independent excursion experience/operator to check out.

Booking with less than 40 days to sailing makes it feel a bit rushed, so any help you could give us would be a great help to our planning!

We just got off the Independence this morning. Since we had been to all the ports before we just went to our favourite locations: San Juan - El Morro Fort (flew kite); St. Thomas - Emerald Beach (rented chairs); St. Maarten - Little Bay/ Divi Resort (rented chairs and umbrella) and Labadee (walked, swam, sunbathed). In the first three locations we also strolled around the nearby shops and on Labadee we did some shopping at the Market area.

Just being on the islands and enjoying the views is great.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy:)

My DW (who will be 19 weeks pregnant at the time of our sailing Jan 24) and I booked on the Independence last week, but we are having difficulties figuring out what excursions to go on. Because there's not much time left before the cruise, a lot of the ship's excursions that we would be interested in are sold out.

We are visiting San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Labadee. We're into snorkeling, kayaking, or even just being at the beach; and though we've done a lot of more strenuous activities on past cruises, we're looking to take things a bit easier this time around due to the pregnancy.

Anyway, hoping to get some thoughts about excursions folks have gone on in the past or if anyone can recommend an independent excursion experience/operator to check out.

Booking with less than 40 days to sailing makes it feel a bit rushed, so any help you could give us would be a great help to our planning!

Just remember No swimming with the dolphins. They get very protective of pregnant women, I suppose they would be protective of pregnant men as well, but that's another story:D, they will stick by her and circle so as not to let anyone near

Just because some excursions are "sold-out" online, doesn't mean they don't have spots available for booking onboard! Go to the excursion desk when you board and check!

Labadee is a beach day--you don't HAVE to book any of RCI's excursions there to have a great day!

Archived