Nice Restaurant in Ft Lauderdale?

iluvazsun

We will be staying at the Marriott North in FLL for one night pre-cruise. Renting a car for the day (thanks to replies from my other post with this great idea!). So now my question is where is a nice restaraunt in the north ft lauderdale area (or near the beach) to eat? Nothing too expensive. We're really into Mexican food so that'd be great if anyone knows of a good spot! Also, what's nice to see there in the evening?

It's ok, but you can do better. In my opinion overpriced and overated and an overall tourist trap.

Be specific with N.Fort Lauderdale? If you are "north" then go over to Pompano Beach and hit Seawatch..a local favorite..but long lines..well worth it though..right on the ocean. Go early around 5 if you can. Not mexican though.

You could try "Tortilla Flats" in Pompano or Deerfield, two locations right off US1 and the one in Pompano is close to Atlantic Ave and US1. Cheap mexican. La Bamba on US1 isn't too bad either.

not mexican but is on the beach and looks like a fun place and will get you in the islands frame of mind - aruba beach cafe www.arubabeachcafe.com

La Bamba is the most popular Mexican restaurant in North Fort Lauderdale that offers table service. They also offer Spanish/Cuban dishes.

In Lauderdale by the Sea, I like Aruba on the beach, and often walk there from my home. But I prefer the Village Grill next door. Both offer indoor and outdoor dining and are casual. Be sure to stop by Kilwins for ice cream or chocolate after dinner! This is a small but nice area for strolling around.

Other great restaurants in the area that are moderately priced: Zuckerello's, TeeJay Thai/Sushi, Thai Spice, Bonefish Grill, Grandma's Cafe, J. Alexanders, J. Marks.

Very close to your hotel is a movie theatre and Champs bar and restaurant, which is good for chain food.

For Mexican you can try Carlos & Pepe's on the 17th Street Causeway.

That is in south Fort Lauderdale, about 30 minutes away, by the cruise port. This used to be a fun place to go when there weren't a lot of Mexican restaurants around, but the service and food quality has taken a nosedive and I won't go there anymore. Same goes for Tequila Sunrise in north Fort Lauderdale, though I do like their margheritas.

I just remembered that Cielito Lindo is just 1.5 miles from your hotel in Pompano Beach. I haven't been there in a while but it was always good. We always go to La Bamba now, as does everyone we know who lives by us in north fort lauderdale. It is about 3 miles from your hotel.

Archived