Balcony question??

CTCruzin

I can remember someone posting here that there is a ship where the balcony isn't the outermost part of the ship. That is, you could actually be sitting on your balcony and other passengers could be walking by. Maybe it's just on certain decks? Anyone know which ship this is, I'd like to steer clear of it.

Thanks

I´ve never been on the older ships either, but I doubt it´s a RCI ship.

I can´t see such a balcony on the ship plans. But maybe someone knows.

However I remember reports about Oceanview cabins (not balconies) that have the promenade deck in front of the windows and so people that walk by can look into your window.

On the Sovereign class the oceanviews on deck 7 look onto the promenade deck, so you do have people walking past but they aren't balcony cabins.

I think I have seen reports on the Carnival board of people being able to walk past balconies on some of their older ships but I may have imagined that.

Star Princess and a couple of the sister ship have balconies on the Emerald Deck in the front of the ship that has a catwalk to the bow.

See attached photo

Have to be careful joining the balcony club in one of those:)

The Voyager class ships on deck 6, their aft balconies have a large void in front on them and I believe that area can be accessed by other passengers. Here's a picture http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1348195624056865149oYocnN (I remembered reading that somewhere too)

That area is NOT accessible by other passengers.

The Voyager class ships on deck 6, their aft balconies have a large void in front on them and I believe that area can be accessed by other passengers. Here's a picture http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1348195624056865149oYocnN (I remembered reading that somewhere too)
That area is NOT accessible by other passengers.
It is if a passenger jumps over a 6th deck balcony railing. :p ;) :D

Archived