For those that have been visited by the upsell fairy, How far were you upgraded?

LittleBlue

For those that have been visited by the upsell fairy, How far were you upgraded? From a Balcony to a suite, a oceanview to a balcony? Whats the highest anyones been upgraded to, costs, etc.

We are booked in a class C oceanview on the Sky...and hoping to get bumped up... Class C is almost sold out, but there are tons of Balconies and suites left, just wondering what the chances are we will be called by the upsell fairy... :rolleyes:

just one more thing, I have gone back and looked at the archives, it seems to me, the only ones that ever get upgraded are those in suites, any one ever been visited from the upsell fairy from Oceanview, inside room or Balcony?

I have been called by the upsell fairy, and offered a balcony from an inside. This was THEM calling ME.

I have also been upgraded from an inside to a mini-suite (due to price drops) because of my own actions (i.e. calling THEM).

It never hurts to call and ask to be upgraded (especially if prices have dropped) and more often than not, they will at LEAST quote you the current difference...

One thing to consider... when you get upsold or upgraded, you MAY lose any on-board credits you had from before.

Once they called me an offered an upSELL from an inside to an outside.

Once I called them and negotiated an upSELL from an inside to a balcony (at the then current, much reduced price).

I have not yet been offered a pure upGRADE that didn't involve me paying more money.

On an upSELL, they call and offer you a higher priced cabin for a specific amount. For example, maybe an upsell from an inside to a balcony for $200.

An upGRADE is when you get a better cabin in the same category (inside to inside) at no additional cost to you.

Rarely does anyone get an upGRADE between cabin categories (inside to balcony, etc).

Did you book with a TA or NCL? Just wondering because I used a TA this time. I usually use NCL direct and have been offered an upsell before. I was tempted to call the TA and ask but she is not very easy to reach.

our upsell was through a TA, I've read on these boards that upsells can come through either

This past April we were upsold from a "D" oceanview to a "BA" balcony for $100 total for the four of us. We gladly accepted it, then told the PCC that our neighbors were cruising with us and we asked if they too could be upgraded. About 5 minutes later our neighbors got the call! Just for the record though, we'll still book the oceanview every time. The balcony is not worth the normal additional cost to us as we spend very little time in the room. For 100 bucks though......

Upsell dept. called me 3 times for one of my Dawn cruises. I was booked in a BC Handicapped balcony. 3 weeks before the cruise the first call came in, I was offered a AB penthouse suite for $1000pp, I said no thank you, but keep me in mind if something else comes up.

2 weeks later another call for the same upsell for $500pp, I said no thanks again. Then 3 days before the cruise another call for the same deal BC to AB for $360pp! OH YES, I'll take THAT deal!:D

Since I'm pretty sure I got an upsell call today that I will attempt to return on Friday, here's my question...

When you take an upsell, and you have not yet paid in full, do they just add it to the cost of your reservation, and you still have until the due date to pay it, or is it a "you have to pay for this now" sorta thing?

Archived