Stop What You're Doing!

mrtractor

My friend Steve, who stood up for me as best man over 27 years ago, was on the Pride of America last week. He had surgery a few months ago, but his doctor said it was fine for him to fly from DC to HNL for a cruise. Just before getting on the ship he developed blood clots in his legs and had to rent a scooter. Once on the ship he was forced to spend most of his time in bed. Finally, on Thursday, he was flown from Kona to the Straub Trauma Center in Honolulu. After a battery of test, they determined he will have to undergo an aortal transplant. He is unable to fly home. The surgery is later today in Honolulu and will last 6-8 hours. Needless to say, this is very serious and pretty scary stuff.

His wife is there with him and his daughter if flying in from Washington, DC today to be with him. But he's far from home and needs our prayers. I'm trying to start a prayer chain to ask for help with the things that can't be done by the skill of the surgeon.

So, whether you know Steve or met Steve and Michelle on that cruise or not, stop what you're doing and offer up a little prayer for Steve and his family and ask your friends to do the same. You can just send someone the link to this thread if you'd like. And while you're at it, you can thank the Almighty that this didn't happen to you.

By the way, the officers and crew of the POA did a fantastic job of taking care of Steve in very difficult circumstances. I'll share the whole story with CC after we get through all this.

MrTractor<--------still thinks that Christmas is a religious holiday.......

my payers are with you and your very good friend ,life long friends are a special gift and i wish from our little country scotland that he makes a full and speedy recovery

a lttle quote fro WALLACE

every man dies , not every man really lives !!!!!!!

my thoughts are with you all

x

ever man dies

My friend Steve, who stood up for me as best man over 27 years ago, was on the Pride of America last week. He had surgery a few months ago, but his doctor said it was fine for him to fly from DC to HNL for a cruise. Just before getting on the ship he developed blood clots in his legs and had to rent a scooter. Once on the ship he was forced to spend most of his time in bed. Finally, on Thursday, he was flown from Kona to the Straub Trauma Center in Honolulu. After a battery of test, they determined he will have to undergo an aortal transplant. He is unable to fly home. The surgery is later today in Honolulu and will last 6-8 hours. Needless to say, this is very serious and pretty scary stuff.

His wife is there with him and his daughter if flying in from Washington, DC today to be with him. But he's far from home and needs our prayers. I'm trying to start a prayer chain to ask for help with the things that can't be done by the skill of the surgeon.

So, whether you know Steve or met Steve and Michelle on that cruise or not, stop what you're doing and offer up a little prayer for Steve and his family and ask your friends to do the same. You can just send someone the link to this thread if you'd like. And while you're at it, you can thank the Almighty that this didn't happen to you.

By the way, the officers and crew of the POA did a fantastic job of taking care of Steve in very difficult circumstances. I'll share the whole story with CC after we get through all this.

MrTractor<--------still thinks that Christmas is a religious holiday........

Mr. T.....please let Steve and his family know that he is in our thoughts and prayers. Take it from someone who knows about being in on a far away island and your husband has a seizure and have to get off the cruise ship and deal with getting back to Virginia. My husband Avis is in Reston Hospital right now with a blood clot in his right thigh. Long story, he's been fighting this melanoma cancer and brain tumors for 4 years now.....just can't seem to get a break from anything. They put in a filter on Sunday, but his foot and leg is so weak and he is getting weaker. Please keep us posted on how Steve is doing. .......Patricia

MrTractor<--------still thinks that Christmas is a religious holiday........

Please let Michelle and daughter know we are thinking of them also and pray for strength to get thru this......Patricia

Prayers from Long Island for Steve and his family. I can't even imagine how scared they must all be.....especially not really knowing the Dr.'s that they are putting their trust in. Bless them all.

Please also say a prayer for my Aunt Philia. She was scheduled for next month to have a valve replacement surgery. Last Friday she was having trouble breathing and went to the hospital. Yesterday they moved her from Long Island to Manhattan to NY Presbyterian and they did an angioplasty (sp?) today. She is having more trouble breathing and is in ICU on a respirator now. If she is able, on Friday they are going to do a double bypass and also the valve replacement.

She is in a very fragile state right now, and was obviously not very healthy to begin with. I pray that she is ok after all of this.

Jerry,

Our thoughts and prayers are sent for your friend Steve as well as Avis and both families. We know the power of prayer and continue to pray for Barb's well being.

Wishing all a blessed Christmas season.

Art and Diane in Waxhaw, NC

Prayers from Long Island for Steve and his family. I can't even imagine how scared they must all be.....especially not really knowing the Dr.'s that they are putting their trust in. Bless them all.

Please also say a prayer for my Aunt Philia. She was scheduled for next month to have a valve replacement surgery. Last Friday she was having trouble breathing and went to the hospital. Yesterday they moved her from Long Island to Manhattan to NY Presbyterian and they did an angioplasty (sp?) today. She is having more trouble breathing and is in ICU on a respirator now. If she is able, on Friday they are going to do a double bypass and also the valve replacement.

She is in a very fragile state right now, and was obviously not very healthy to begin with. I pray that she is ok after all of this.

Prayers for Aunt Philia too. Angels flying there to strengthen her.

Archived