Orlando Intl to Canaveral Transfer

Chuggiebug

Need some help with this. My sister was told it was $180 per person and there will be 14 of them. Surely there are better deals out there.

We would appreciate any help.

(I am sure that there are previous threads on this topic but had trouble with search)

In the departures area of the board, there is a thread entitled "I work in Port Canaveral" or something along those lines. It's chock full of transfer info. I would probably look into renting a couple of vans. The one way rentals seem to be a pretty popular option. We did this in October but there were only 2 of us so had a compact car.

Why dont you just take the free Carnival shuttle bus that picks you up and drops you off right at the port, it costs you nothing extra.

This is the info I was hoping to find out. We will be making the short 2 hour drive ourselves, but family from all over the US will be flying in and they have been trying to find out this kind of stuff.(most of them have never cruised)

Thanks, I will have them check it out!

Why dont you just take the free Carnival shuttle bus that picks you up and drops you off right at the port, it costs you nothing extra.

Are you sure there isn't a charge? Usually the transfers are included if you bought the air through the cruiselines. We like to rent a car at the airport (Budget) and then drop it off at Port Canaveral. They will shuttle you for free over to the dock.

We fly in a day early and it is great to have the car to ride around in

you can schedule your place on the shuttle bus by contacting carnival and adding your name to the list so they know how many buses to bring for airport arrivals. There is a desk on the lower level of the airport where the Carnival staffers work so when you arrive at the airport you can check in with them and they can get your people on the bus for the ride to the port, its about 45 minutes if I remember right. We took the shuttle 2 years ago and it worked out great for us.

Are you sure there isn't a charge? Usually the transfers are included if you bought the air through the cruiselines. We like to rent a car at the airport (Budget) and then drop it off at Port Canaveral. They will shuttle you for free over to the dock.

We fly in a day early and it is great to have the car to ride around in

We took the shuttle about 2 years ago, and we werent charged, I dont know whether they now do charge for that, and if they do I apologize. We didnt get our airfare thru the cruiseline, its much too expensive that way, we always book our flights ourselves.

Yes, everything you want to know about sailing from Port Canaveral is in that thread already referenced. The folks that post in that thread are wonderful. That's where you want to do some reading. Just search within the thread for "shuttle" or "rental" and you'll find the posts with the info as well as past cruiser recommendations.

If you do not book cruise air, there IS a charge to use the shuttle through Carnival. And if you arrive the night before (as you should), that isn't an option anyway. I believe the shuttles are only for the day of sailing.

There is definitely a charge for using the shuttle from Carnival if you do your own air. It is unfortunate that the post about PT Canaveral was removed in that there was a ton of info on it.

There are several shuttle services, but not all are highly recommended. Unfortunately, I can't remember which ones were not good. The cheapest way to get to the port probably is by renting a car. The one way rental fees are low and there are several companies available.

I think one has moved from having a location at Pt Canaveral to Melbourne. It might be Thrifty, but I am not sure. Hopefully, on the East Coast departures, Florida thread there will be info that can help you.

The "I work in Port Canaveral" thread was yanked for whatever reason.

What? Yes, those people have local businesses, but they have always been very, very careful to not promote them to posters.

That's absurd! That was absolutely THE most useful thread I have come across on these boards. Ever!

Oh, let's allow the stupid redudant threads about tipping or attire or booze smuggling and allow the bumping of the personal chat rooms disguised as "official CC cruises" but let's trash a thread that really was a great resource for cruisers.

:mad:

We live in Orlando and honestly your best bet is to rent a car or van. At 36.00 per person, each way for the shuttle you could save over a 200 bucks for every 4 people by sharing a car. It is a quick and easy drive of about 45 minutes up the Beach Line (528) to the port.

Just a FYI. I wrote to Host Star yesterday asking about the I work in Pt Canaveral thread and was told it was going to be cleaned up and put back on the boards.

I thank her for doing so as there was so much helpful info on that thread. So, hopefully, it will be back soon. Many people referred to it.

Archived