Pizza on NCL?!

JettaGirl

I have been an avid Princess cruiser but may end up booking an NCL cruise for March. I am a little excited but have one silly question.

Princess has a 24 hour pizzeria that has yummy, delicious pizza. I would eat at least once a day. Does NCL have anything like this? A pizzeria? 24 hour buffet??

I am in the beginning stages of my researching so any information is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

NCL does not have 24 hour pizza. They usually have pizza in the buffet but there is regular hours for the buffet.

There is the Blue Lagoon on most NCL ships that is a 24 hour diner. No pizza but great other things. It has delicious chicken wings, potato skins with cheddar, panini sandwiches, hamburgers and other things. You will definately find something you like.

Enjoy!

Jeanne

I have not had pizza on NCL, but I have read here several times that it is not very good. Of course, there must be over 1,000 concepts of what a good pizza is, right??

The buffet typically closes at 11:30 pm. The Blue Lagoon typically closes for one hour about 4 -5 am, I think.

I have not had pizza on NCL, but I have read here several times that it is not very good. Of course, there must be over 1,000 concepts of what a good pizza is, right??

If you are looking for a slice of Ray's Original in The Village down the street from Little Italy, you will not get it on NCL. But if you are looking for a reasonable facsimile of it-ain't-too-bad pizza, you will be happy. It'll do. :rolleyes:

You can order pizza through room service 24/7.

I forgot about room service pizza. Sorry!!

Jeanne

There's a reason you forgot about it; it's thoroughly forgettable. ;) I had it some time over two years ago, and would have to be convinced that they've changed their recipe before I tried it again. :o But, I hear that kids like it.

I agree that the room service pizza is not that great but it will do in a pinch.

I miss the days of the old Norwegian Sky (before it was converted to the Pride of Aloha). Back then, they had a wonderful pizzeria up on the Pool Deck. Made-to-order pizzas with fresh toppings. Best pizza I ever had on a cruise ship and that includes the excellent pizza served on Princess ships.

I found the pizza on the Jewel...room service, buffet and in the Mexican restaurant to be perhaps the only real serious disappointment in food on the whole cruise. I hadn't expected the room service pizza to be that good...but when I encountered the same awful pizza in the for-pay mexican restaurant, I was sorely disappointed.

I found the pizza on the Jewel...room service, buffet and in the Mexican restaurant to be perhaps the only real serious disappointment in food on the whole cruise. I hadn't expected the room service pizza to be that good...but when I encountered the same awful pizza in the for-pay mexican restaurant, I was sorely disappointed.

You actually ordered pizza in a Mexican restaurant?:confused:

I know for a fact that you cannot order pizza in Tango's. So, you want to do a little work on your story. :rolleyes:

PE

You actually ordered pizza in a Mexican restaurant?:confused:

I know for a fact that you cannot order pizza in Tango's. So' date=' you want to do a little work on your story. :rolleyes:

PE[/quote']

You're right..not the Mexican Restaurant. The Italian Restaurant. Consider that a typo, not a fabrication. The pizza in Mamma's was as poor as the pizza from room service. Are you happy now?

You will never find pizza like the pizza on Princess. It is the best. NCL, not so good. Ive only been on one Princess cruise and we ate pizza everyday because I knew I would never go again. I did not like the Princess cruise .

I have not been on Princess so I cannot compare. But, I think Carnivore has the best pizza of all the cruise lines I have tried. Not good enough to get to sail with them again though.:D

PE

I have not been on Princess so I cannot compare. But' date=' I think Carnivore has the best pizza of all the cruise lines I have tried. Not good enough to get to sail with them again though.:D

PE[/quote']

I would think "Carnivore" would have at least good meat pizzas ;).

Celebrity has a pretty good pizza place. They always have cheese, pepperoni, vegi and pizza of the day (some very good, some not so). You can also get a pizza to order and choose whatever fixings they have available that day (never tried so don't know how long it might take).

They also had shakers of italian spice, parmasan and red pepper flakes for spicing up your pizza.

I ordered the create your own pizza (actually a long story, I actually ordered a calzone). Anyway the pizza that came was delightful -- nice crispy crust, not too oily, flavorful vegetables. I would recommend it.

The buffet pizza was OK if hot. didn't order from room service.

Nancy

why do they refer to carnival as carnivore? i've heard other people call it that 2...

I don't know this for sure but it might have come about when Carnival was buying up cruise line after cruise line, which was likened to them swallowing up the competition and approaching the status of a monopoly. Carnival is the parent company for Carnival (of course), Holland America, Cunard, Princess, Seabourn and Costa Cruises. That's a lot of cruise lines.

I have been an avid Princess cruiser but may end up booking an NCL cruise for March. I am a little excited but have one silly question.

Princess has a 24 hour pizzeria that has yummy, delicious pizza. I would eat at least once a day. Does NCL have anything like this? A pizzeria? 24 hour buffet??

I am in the beginning stages of my researching so any information is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I think it depends on the ship that you're going on. We went on Dawn, and truthfully, I don't even remember eating pizza on that ship. We also went on Sky, and I do remember that the pizza on Sky tasted like shoe leather with very little sauce and cheese on it. (To be honest, I have never ate shoe leather, but if I did, I think it would taste like Sky's pizza). ;)

Archived