Peanut Butter and Jelly

maritimecruiser

I am taking my family on Carnival Freedom next month and was wondering about the Peanut Butter and Jelly they list on the children's menu. Does anyone know for sure that they still serve this? I read that Royal Caribbean had it as well before we went on that line last year but when we got there we found out they no longer serve it due to allergies. It is a major staple in their diet! Had I known, I would have brought my own PB&J and made sandwiches in our room! Also, is the jelly grape or strawberry?

Thanks!!

Maritimecruiser:

I would contact either you're travel agent or Carnival regarding this matter. It's easy to request Peanut Butter/Jelly upon request if the rumor about allergies are true. One of the questions travel agents/cruise personnel always ask us prior to us booking if there any "dietary needs". I'd definately put this one on my kids priority of "dietary needs". It's easy to just take Peanut B. and Jelly aboard, but why? Didn't you already pay for the food already?

So they stopped serving it on RCCL? Really? Hmmm...I will make sure to update that menu next month after our cruise.

The Camp Carnival menu I have (can see it on the link below) was added on August 2007. So it is possible that it has changed in over a year. I brought it back from Sensation last year.

So you may want to call and see if they can get you a copy. I can't imagine that ALL peanut butter/jelly has been eliminated from the ships. It is always served in the breakfast buffets in the small packages.

So on RCCL, you asked them to make it and they refused? :confused::eek:

I was on Majesty of the Seas October 2007 and asked both room service and a wait staff member somewhere on the ship (buffet maybe?). I was told it was due to peanut allergies. I know there is no peanut butter allowed in the school my daughter will be going to either. Maybe it was just the two people I happened to ask, it wasn't on the menu so that is why I specifically asked but maybe they didn't want to bother finding some for me?

Archived