11 Days to Go and Still No Cabin Assignment

rachel_95762

We still have no cabin assignment for 2 of our 4 family's cabins for a cruise that leaves January 7, 2009. Should I just give up on knowing before we arrive at the ship?

We booked 1 specific cabin, 1 balcony guaranty, and 2 Oceanview guaranties. Just trying to figure out which cabin would be the best for dealing with my mother-in-law's motion sickness. The rest of us will be fine in any cabin. My husband and I are the only ones who have been on a cruise before. The rest are on their first cruise.

Maybe they will up the OV to Balconies? Realistic thought or wishful thinking?

Is not being assigned cabins a good sign or bad one?

Have you gone online to see how many OVs are left? If there are only a couple of cabins left, often they will bump you up to the next category and save the lower cost cabins to lure some into last minute fill the ship bookings.

Sometimes it does turn out well if you dont get a cabin until you arrive, but even thats not for sure. Just keep looking to see. I wouldnt give up.

We still have no cabin assignment for 2 of our 4 family's cabins for a cruise that leaves January 7, 2009. Should I just give up on knowing before we arrive at the ship?

We booked 1 specific cabin, 1 balcony guaranty, and 2 Oceanview guaranties. Just trying to figure out which cabin would be the best for dealing with my mother-in-law's motion sickness. The rest of us will be fine in any cabin. My husband and I are the only ones who have been on a cruise before. The rest are on their first cruise.

Its great!!!!

Hope you don't get one before you get to the pier! The longer the wait,the better the chance for a great upgrade.

Our best was an inside guarantee,a week before sailing to Bermuda on the Pride we still had no room.We stopped looking and we waited until the pier,boarded,walked around to find the room and opened the door to our balcony.:D

Steve

That has happened 3 times now.:)

You can always call and ask. That is what we did when we got anxious about waiting. We didn't have an upgrade but loved our room anyway- mid ship, ocean view, bottom floor. The hum of the engines lulled us to sleep, the water was near enough to see, it was quiet, and it went every place that the huge royal suites did.

I suggests you go check your edocs again to see if it is listed.

I won the free cruise and I opted to up it to a balcony guarantee cabin. I wanted to be sure that I got a good cabin so I specified where on the ship I would like to be (midship close to the central atrium elevator banks). I got a good cabin choice.

As for upgrade, I have NEVER in six cruises been upgraded. I have booked five my choice cabins, and this next one is a guarantee. I haven't gotten upgraded, so why should anyone who books a OV think that they should get a balcony or a suite. I've seen people who booked a OV and were upgraded (an on cost) to a suite. To me that is nice for them, but not fair for the person who booked and paid considerably more for a balcony.

I am glad to know that on the Splendor if anyone is upgraded to a Spa cabin or Spa suite they do not quailfy for the benefits that those that paid for the Spa category cabin get. I booked a Spa Suite (Cat 11) for my birthday cruise in September and paid a handsome price for the cruise (I paid double since I will be cruising solo).

The upgrade fairy can come visit me anytime between now and Jan 3, but it is likely that will happen as there was ONE Cat 12 suite left and only a few balcony cabins left.

I'm hoping for the upgrades since we are 10 days out and still no cabin assignment for 2 of our rooms. I check eveyday online and cabin availability changes randomly. I would love for everyone to get a balcony upgrade. We did when we took our first cruise last year. I'll just hope for the best.

Have you gone online to see how many OVs are left? If there are only a couple of cabins left, often they will bump you up to the next category and save the lower cost cabins to lure some into last minute fill the ship bookings.

Sometimes it does turn out well if you dont get a cabin until you arrive, but even thats not for sure. Just keep looking to see. I wouldnt give up.

How do you check to see what is left?

We did n't get ours till the day of and we were told we may be bumped up before that didn't happen then when we got there someone elses bags were in our room with our number on them. It took forever to find our bags cause the room was not on them. That was a bad start but we had a nice cruise.

we are 13 days off and in the same boat.:rolleyes:

I was told by our little Carnival friend that it will be worth the wait and that we'll be happy......so the jury is still out for me.

It is simple to check how many cabins are left. All one has to do is go and act as if they are making a booking to see how many cabins are left in each cateogry. It may take a few minutes, but it works...

My sailing must be sold out or no more bookings being taken as it has disappeared off the list.....I'm still hopeful that they will upgrade me to a suite. I pay a premium to cruise solo and always in a balcony cabin, thus, I deserve an upgrade.....It be nice to be booted up to Lido deck again, or a suite.....not lookin good though.....

Archived