GIA or IGA Insurance....or something like that.

sail7seas

I spoke with an old friend tonight with whom I had not spoken for some months.

She told me an amazing story about an injury she sustained from a fall on a Carnival ship and the resulting Infirmary Stay and ultimate removal from the ship at the next port.

She had written her insurance with a company named IGA or GIA or something like that.....I need to call her again to verify. I was so impressed with the way they took care of her from the moment she left the ship in San Juan by transporting her to a hospital there. They had a nurse follow her progress and ultimately flew her (and her husband and daughter) (first class) home along with a nurse to see to her comfort and care en route. A limousine met them at the airport and transported them all to the hospital of her choice in her home city and the nurse did not leave her side until she was safely in the hands of her personal physicians and other who would be caring for her.

She could not say enough about them and I felt it worth sharing. I am sorry about the vagueness as pertains to the name. If anyone wishes (and no one here can identify the accurate name) I shall call her again to verify it.

Hi again, sails! I've been looking at different insurance on insuremytrip.com. There are some companies there with initials. Hope you'll take a look there and see if you recognize your friend's co. That would be quite a great recommendation a lot of us would like to have! :)

Mark

Travelguard...... AIG is the company. Her particular experience with them was very impressive IMO Who knows if everyone has been as well pleased with them ? but she could not say enough good things about their responsiveness. She said it made what was a horribly stressful, painful, serious situation bearable and able to be managed.

I never travel anywhere outside the US without my Travelguard trip insurance. Just my HO, but I've bought it for years, and have had some clients experience similar "disasters" while travelling, and they have nothing but good things to say about Travelguard.

Archived