What's better Majesty of the Seas or Monarch of the Seas?

kyle2227

both are going to be a bit on the similar side...i have been on Monarch twice and enjoyed her very much. The ship is in very good condition for her age. There is plenty aboard to do and see for a short cruise. The staff has always been wonderful and the food on the last Monarch cruise was about as good as we have had. I think Majesty may have a Johnny Rockets but other than that the options for food are going to be about the same.

We were on Majesty two years ago, just before her drydocking. We were on the cruise from Miami "that started with a bang!", as the Captain announced. CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc, were also there.

That is when, just after our cruise, she got the Johnny Rockets and Compass Deli. We had a wonderful shorty cruise on her.

We have Monarch booked for Jan. 9. She has recently returned from the Pacific side and has Sorrento Pizza and Jade. Almost a fair trade for what Majesty has.

We are looking for a simliar cruise as we had on Majesty, recognizing that both ships have outstanding crews.

Will report after our Monarch cruise.

Happy New Year!

Rick and Deirdra

I was on Majesty in Oct of this year. I was on Monarch in Dec of this year.

I thought the food on Monarch was much better in the main dining room. The food selection on Majesty in the Windjammer had a better assortment but the Windjammer service was the worst I've had on any RCI ship in quite a while. It was far worse than the previous times I've been on Majesty.

The drink of the day on Majesty is about $3 less than it is on Monarch. I'd still like to know why?

My worst all time room steward was this past cruise on Monarch. This is not normal for RCI. It was all because of the man forgetting to clean and turn down the room the first night which apparently freaked him out much more than it bothered us. He seemed to duck into another room whenever he saw us after that - I suppose out of embarassment although we tried to be nice and friendly to him.

Monarch looked like new to me other than the random rust spots that metal railings get and the trampled down pool astroturf.

I prefer the Johnny Rockets and Compass Deli on Majesty - not that I ever find time to eat there. :rolleyes: The Majesty cruises are so port intensive. Monarch doesn't do Key West which gives you a sea day on the 4 night cruises which is nice. Visiting Key West is nice though.

Decisions, decisions...it's all up to you. They each have their advantages.

Port Canaveral has been my all time favorite for both embarkation and debarkation. The diamond member white luggage tags work great on both ships but we were cleared by customs to get off the ship 1/2 hour earlier in Port Canaveral than we were all the other times in Miami. 7am in PC. 7:30 in Miami. Not a big deal either way.

Archived