2009 -2010 brochure and Radiance

I just got the current brochure in the mail today and they have (pg 51) Radiance going out of TAMPA!!!! hip hip hooray. I was psyched. I couldn't believe my favorite ship right here in Tampa, then I looked further down and it said that at the time of printing the itinerary was not finalized. Pages and pages later (pg 72)it shows Radiance out of CA during the same time. BOOOOOHOOO. Could it be that they are considering a change and bringing Radiance to TAMPA???

I just got the current brochure in the mail today and they have (pg 51) Radiance going out of TAMPA!!!! hip hip hooray. I was psyched. I couldn't believe my favorite ship right here in Tampa, then I looked further down and it said that at the time of printing the itinerary was not finalized. Pages and pages later (pg 72)it shows Radiance out of CA during the same time. BOOOOOHOOO. Could it be that they are considering a change and bringing Radiance to TAMPA???

That would be great--Our favorite ship sailing from our favorite port/airport! I would love to avoid the fiasco in FLL. However, I have a feeling that the information may be incorrect--Isn't the Radiance too tall??

That would be great--Our favorite ship sailing from our favorite port/airport! I would love to avoid the fiasco in FLL. However, I have a feeling that the information may be incorrect--Isn't the Radiance too tall??

I don't know why it would be in their brochure unless they were at least thinking about it? I sent an email to RCCL and asked them directly what the deal was. That was yesterday so hopefully I will hear from them by tomorrow.

Sounds like one more instance where the absence of proof- readers will present RCI with problems.:rolleyes: It just doesn't seem to make sense to put obviously conflicting information into a printed brochure. I understand that they may have had reasons that the brochure had to be published and distributed by a certain date, but at the very least they could have more prominently noted that some of the itineraries were as yet not definite. All they are going to succeed in this situation is to disappoint a large group of people, either those looking for the ship to come to Tampa or those looking for it to remain on the West Coast.:(

I don't know why it would be in their brochure unless they were at least thinking about it? I sent an email to RCCL and asked them directly what the deal was. That was yesterday so hopefully I will hear from them by tomorrow.

I'm sorry to say it is definitely an error. Another poor proofreading job.:(

I'm booked on Radiance out of San Diego in March 2010.....I have never sailed out of Tampa (someday I will), but was under the impression that a Radiance class ship wouldn't fit under the bridge. (??) If someone lives in the area maybe they have a better idea if that is true.

I tried to book this cruise for Dec 6,2009 while on the Explorer of the Seas 11/30/08 cruise and was told by Jed that this ship was "red flagged "on the RCCL site which meant the cruise ship was either in drydock (I think the Radiance just had a drydock earlier this year) or that it was booked for charter cruises, although I attempted to book several dates for the Radiance! I was very disappointed I could not book this ship out of Tampa and didn't understand why it would be in the cruise book!

I'm sorry to say it is definitely an error. Another poor proofreading job.:(

:(:( I am heartbroken :(:( but do you think that they were at least considering it? I mean they had to have been if it made it to the brochure? As long as they are kicking the idea around then I am happy because that means that maybe just maybe they may do it in the future?:o

But Radiance is leaving San Diego in May 2010 for somewhere.

At least that's what I thought. :):confused::)

Pat

To Vancouver, to do the Alaska run? It is usually up here to do Alaska in the Spring and back down in the Fall.

Archived