Name of New Ship

GrannyLorr

Granny, I heard about it while on the Legend.....I have to say I don't think it's as "lyrical" as The Odyssey. So I'm with you, it doesn't "wow" me.

I did like the article in the Herald about the names that were suggested. Pretty funny. Especially the person that suggested it be called "The Odyssey" (as they pointed out, someone wasn't keeping up with current events!)

Jane ;)

Have I missed any comments on the name of the newest Seabourn ship? Just received my latest "Herald"....we are usually last to receive it.....anyway I dont like the name.....Seabourn Sojourn...:p

A most disappointing name especially as I did not include in my 20+ well thought out names. Seabourn Sojourn does not flow. It`s a messy sound.

You`re on the button GL. ;)

The only thing I like about the name is that there is a likeness in writing: the second part of the word: "journ" and "bourn". But it is a pity that the pronunciation is completely different.

I liked some of the names I entered better as well!

I looked more in the history of the "Odyssey" and found some names that are also from that period, but with a Roman/Latin back ground. Since the ship is being built in Italy!

Well, a pity, but nothing more than that!

Happy 2009!

Marja

• 2 weeks later...

Reading up on the word "Sojourn", other than meaning "journey", another meaning is "temporary stay". Sort of like Seabourn saying "its time to get off the ship!" :D

Another thing, I dare anyone to try and say "Seabourn Sojourn" 5 times fast! :D

Host Dan

Archived