roll call January 29 2001 PAII

tupper10

Hi, My DH and I are on the 2009 cruise with this date. Have you booked for the 2010 cruise?

I'm just having a think about clothes now. I feel the cold so I'll be the one so heavily layered people will mistake me for a penguin!

I spent the weekend catching up on the Journals that Silversea have been posting. They really bring it to life.

Take Care

No problem - with the PAII being so new there's little info on it. If you have any specific questions about the ship just let me know and I'll do my best to check it out.

Only a month to go - all I have to do now is buy some clothes. I had a chat with Silversea and they said they have some boots onboard but might be better to bring your own if you have unusual sized feet!

Obviously I was asleep when I did this roll call so I will start a proper one with the correct year!! I can't wait to hear about your trip. On the Antarctica boards people said they bought rubber boots at Wal Mart and then bought felt inserts for them. I would check that board out as there seemed to be lots of tips from people who already sailed. My favorite was using Vics under your nose to deal with the smells.

Hi there

We're on the 29/1 voyage and have also been looking for information. Here is a link to the latest voyage journal from Silversea.

http://www.silversea.com/silversea.aspx?id=1462&page_type=journal&page_id=princealbertII

They have the weather that each cruise has had across Drake's Passage. They also have photos of the boots! They look pretty standard. We have lots of space in our luggage so we'll probably take some and leave them there.

Not sure if there are any luggage restrictions on the charter to Ushaia though.

Thanks so much for the information. We're packing this weekend and really looking forward to the trip. I hope our Drake passage crossing is as good as the others. The pictures are fantastic!

The parka they give you on the ship is quite heavy with a waterproof shell and removable liner. We took our own boots which were a good bit nicer than the standard ones on the boat but those would probably be fine as well. There was much confusion about whether it had been necessary to bring your own. If you do bring your own, label them well in advance.

Archived