Parking at Fort Lauderdale pier

lynncarol

Hi-

I have been reading with trepidation about parking problems/luggage drop-off when trying to board the Royal Caribbean's Independence in Ft. Lauderdale. Although we've cruised out of that port before, this will be the 1st attempt at driving and parking at the pier. Does anyone have suggestions to facilitate this issue? Arrive earlier? Later? Park somewhere else and get a cab? All answers most appreciated.

I didnt have any issues parking at FL pier for my past NOS cruise. It was easy in and easy out. But, I arrived early (11AM) and just had my rolling single carry on, I did not use porters. I also did the self disembark and was out of the lot by 815AM when I paid the cashier at the parking garage exit.

We were on the IOS last week and drove/parked at the pier. We arrived at 11:30 and the traffic was very light. We drove right up and dropped our luggage with the porter. The kids and I stayed there and my husband went to park. He did have to park quite far and took the USA shuttle back to the pier, which did take about 1/2 hour. Once he was dropped off, we walked right in and were on the ship in less than 15 minutes. I would definitely recommend getting there early, the agents told us after 1:00 it gets very crowded and busy. Getting off the ship was a breeze. We did the express debarkation, walked right off, grabbed the shuttle to the car, and we were off.

Enjoy your cruise - she's a beauty!

We used the Park N' Go last week for our Navigator cruise. They are located right in between the port and the airport. They are just a couple minutes drive away. They made it very painless getting in/out of the port. They pulled up, a porter took our luggage and we went in to wait in line. We were at the port by 11 am and on the ship before 11:30.

We were on the IOS last week and drove/parked at the pier. We arrived at 11:30 and the traffic was very light. We drove right up and dropped our luggage with the porter. The kids and I stayed there and my husband went to park. He did have to park quite far and took the USA shuttle back to the pier, which did take about 1/2 hour. Once he was dropped off, we walked right in and were on the ship in less than 15 minutes. I would definitely recommend getting there early, the agents told us after 1:00 it gets very crowded and busy. Getting off the ship was a breeze. We did the express debarkation, walked right off, grabbed the shuttle to the car, and we were off.

Enjoy your cruise - she's a beauty!

I'm not sure where IOS is berthed and if parking is different for that ship. Just so the OP knows I parked in the lot right next to where the Navigator was berthed, I think it was #25 and I could walk right over after crossing the street, no shuttle necessary.

We used the Park N' Go last week for our Navigator cruise. They are located right in between the port and the airport. They are just a couple minutes drive away. They made it very painless getting in/out of the port. They pulled up, a porter took our luggage and we went in to wait in line. We were at the port by 11 am and on the ship before 11:30.

THANKS for the info...thats good to know. I went to their site and looks like the FLL facility is new. Can you give me just a tad bit more info.....how often is the shuttle and where does it drop you and pick you up at the port?

Archived