AHHH!!! Last minute eastern caribbean weather question!

Luv2Cruise525

We're leaving on Thursday (Jan. 1st) for our cruise to Freeport and Nassau. I'm extremely organized and started packing a month ago. We've done a couple cruises so I got the routine down on how much to pack even though I always overpack :). We've never cruised the eastern caribbean so I wanted to make sure I was packing for the weather. I checked the weather and it's lower 70s. I decided to pack mostly shorts, short sleeve shirts and some pants for night time. Does this sound correct?

I did the Eastern Caribbean (Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antiqua, Tortola) the first week of February a couple years ago and wore tank tops and shorts and a swimming suit the entire week and was warm all week. It does get a little cool in the evenings and early mornings (I like to get up and watch the sun rise) so take a sweater along too.

Have a great time!!!

Kristin

We're leaving on Thursday (Jan. 1st) for our cruise to Freeport and Nassau. I'm extremely organized and started packing a month ago. We've done a couple cruises so I got the routine down on how much to pack even though I always overpack :). We've never cruised the eastern caribbean so I wanted to make sure I was packing for the weather. I checked the weather and it's lower 70s. I decided to pack mostly shorts, short sleeve shirts and some pants for night time. Does this sound correct?

I would call your cruise a Bahamas cruise. The weather there, (as opposed to the Eastern Caribbean, which is often the USVI and the and West Indies, where it is almost always warm) is very much like Florida weather. I expect based on what I am seeing tonight that it is probably going to be in the low 70s at best. I think you should re-think what you are taking. You should plan on windbreakers and some long pants.

Archived