Hotel to stay in

Crosby3

Sorry for all of you that are on here all the time... I'm am a new! We are going on the Freedom in April and was wondering where is a good place to stay the night before the cruise. I don't want anything too expensive but not dirty either. HELP

We stayed at the Holiday Inn - Port of Miami in November.

It was clean and the location was great. We ate dinner and partied till the AM at the Bayside Marketplace (across the street) the night before and are breakfast at Bayside the morning of. We requested a late checkout and went to breakfast instead of fighting the crowds that tend to form round 10-11. We arrived at the port at 12:30 and by the time we breezed through checked-in and got on board, our cabin was ready.

I have seen several negative reviews about the HI-POM, but we thought it was acceptable and agreed that little inconveniences were blown out of proportion in the reviews. I did pay too much as I booked it through the HI website instead of using an on-line travel site. I'll know next time.

We really like The Renaissance on 17th Street near the causeway. I believe it was remodeled this year as well. It is definitely NOT the cheapest option but nice and in a good location (IMO).

I always recommend that you check with tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews and read them to get the flavor of the hotel. As with all reviews take all with a bit of skepticism.

jc

We stayed at the Holiday Inn - Port of Miami in November.

It was clean and the location was great. We ate dinner and partied till the AM at the Bayside Marketplace (across the street) the night before and are breakfast at Bayside the morning of. We requested a late checkout and went to breakfast instead of fighting the crowds that tend to form round 10-11. We arrived at the port at 12:30 and by the time we breezed through checked-in and got on board, our cabin was ready.

I have seen several negative reviews about the HI-POM, but we thought it was acceptable and agreed that little inconveniences were blown out of proportion in the reviews. I did pay too much as I booked it through the HI website instead of using an on-line travel site. I'll know next time.

Hi Jacketsfan

My husband and I are booked in to the HI-POM for the end of January. We thought it would be handy to have the Bayside across the street also. I planned for dinner, but never thought of delaying our boarding and having breakfast at the Bayside in order to miss the line up. Great idea! Was it possible to walk to the cruise check-in from the HI-POM or do you suggest a taxi or alternative?

Thanks

Sue

Hi Jacketsfan

My husband and I are booked in to the HI-POM for the end of January. We thought it would be handy to have the Bayside across the street also. I planned for dinner, but never thought of delaying our boarding and having breakfast at the Bayside in order to miss the line up. Great idea! Was it possible to walk to the cruise check-in from the HI-POM or do you suggest a taxi or alternative?

Thanks

Sue

I believe you would have to swim across Biscayne Bay to cruise check in!

My DW and I have stayed at the HI-POM several times. We also have went through priceline and bidded $70 for a 4 star hotel and stayed on South Beach. Befor we reserve a room I always check with tripadvisor.com and before we bid on priceline I check on biddingfor travel.com to see what hotels are being offered.

Archived