Supper Club?

tratc1

I've also wondered if the supper clubs are worth while. Are they so good that it wouldn't make more sense to go to a really nice restaurant at home and take advantage of the dinner you have already bought? Am I missing something here?

I know for a fact that if DH and I were to go to any restaurant at home that had the same quantity of food, quality of food, and quality of service as the Supper Club we would end up paying at least $100 or more, as compared to $60 plus tip on the ship.

We plan on booking the supper club when we board Pride on Sunday Jan 18th...we wanted to be sure we booked for the second formal night on the ship, and not sure when that is or we would just book it now.

Four of us from Boston, so ready for some sunshine!

NannyJan

I know for a fact that if DH and I were to go to any restaurant at home that had the same quantity of food, quality of food, and quality of service as the Supper Club we would end up paying at least $100 or more, as compared to $60 plus tip on the ship.

I've never eaten at the supper club, but it was my understanding that the tip is already included. Would it stand out as odd or very obvious if somebody decided not tip a second time since they have already been assessed this fee? I tend not to like paying twice for a service that has already been paid for once.

I've never eaten at the supper club, but it was my understanding that the tip is already included. Would it stand out as odd or very obvious if somebody decided not tip a second time since they have already been assessed this fee? I tend not to like paying twice for a service that has already been paid for once.

Once you see the service I am sure you will do the same as most and give an extra tip. I always leave a ten spot on the table.......;)

This might be a dumb question, but what all is included in the supper club? Wine? Desserts? Appies?

Until I put on my glasses, I thought that said apples. :eek::D

No wine, but starters and desserts are included. Even some chef samples.

Drinks can be purchased additional, and will show up on your reciept.

I believe I've been convinced also (well, the snails cinched it!). Now, is it possible to book on board or does it fill up?

You can book while on board. I would suggest that you find a date that the main dinning room is not having something that you really want or as some call it a "weaker" menu and book early to get a time and day you want.

Has anyone gone to the supper club with children? We were wondering if our 10yr old would enjoy it. She is not a chicken nuggets kind of girl. She loves steak and such.

Children can order off of the regular menu in the dining room as well as the supper clubs. Although our kids did not go to Harry's with us on the Liberty, they never ordered chicken nuggets. On the Liberty, there is live music (combo) and a dance floor. I danced with my wife a couple of times. If you want that kind of an evening, maybe it's best not to go with your daughter. But for the rest, I thought the restaurant was comparable to Ruth's Chris. Kids are okay there but earlier in the evening rather than later. Also, you can be out of there in much less than 2.5 hours. I believe that my wife and I were out in 95 minutes and that included a dance or two at the end. This coming April, we will be going to the two supper clubs on our ship. Once will be with kids at 6:30 and one will be later with just my wife and me.

As far as quality goes, there is a huge difference between steaks and other cuts of meats you will get in supper clubs and the dining rooms. The supper clubs are serving prime and some steaks are aged. Steaks in dining rooms are not prime (and awful, in my opinion). Lobster you get in supper clubs is also not frozen as in dining rooms. I am not an anti-dining room snob. But there is a huge difference in quality of food, service, and atmosphere between the supper clubs and dining rooms.

We didnt like it at all the food was waaaayyyy too "gourmet" for ud the lobster wasnt near as good as the dining room IMO. Plus we felt way out of our comfort zone so we wont do it again. Maybe I am just not cut out for that type of place but others are to each their own

Just my 2 cents!:D

We didnt like it at all the food was waaaayyyy too "gourmet" for ud the lobster wasnt near as good as the dining room IMO. Plus we felt way out of our comfort zone so we wont do it again. Maybe I am just not cut out for that type of place but others are to each their own

Thats understandable. Its not an experience everyone would enjoy. Some think the regular dining room is too fancy for them. That's what makes all the options nice.

well you are from Texas, lol. :p

go gators!

Why does the meal take two or two and a half hours? Lots of time between each course?

We didn't really have any wait time between courses but there was a lot of food per course so it took a while to eat each of them. We spent about 2 1/2 by the time we'd had dessert and my husband had lingered over his coffee.

We went on Valor and it was very good. Had some issue with the Apple dessert - however everything else was GREAT.

You'll probably laugh at my highlight. It was the cheese course I had for dessert. In the main dining room, the cheese plate comes to you already prepared. Basic blue, swiss and a couple others.

In Scarlett's, they came over with a "cheese cart" with four huge wheels of cheese. Described each one, mild, sharp, etc. Then asked which ones I wanted (of course I had to try each one :eek:). Hand sliced tableside. Had some I had never tried or even heard of before. Excellent ending to a fine meal.

I'm a first time Carnival cruiser, cruise coming up on the Liberty in March. We can't wait to try the supper club. If it's anything close to "Chops" on Royal Caribbean, I don't want to miss it! A quick question though. On Royal Caribbean, you can reserve a table through their website up to about 90 days prior to your cruise. Can I do this through Carnival's website or must I wait until we board? Also, can any recent Liberty cruisers tell me which nights are the formal nights on the eastern route?

I would encourage anybody to try it once and see if it is for them. I wasn't crazy about it, myself. I found the service TOO attentive (to the point of being overbearing), and the food too plentiful, too rich, and too salty. I'm very happy with the main dining room. The style just suits me better.

Archived