How Many...

tedjazz

I have been reading these threads for a while now and I seriously wonder...How many Carnival employees or at least those who will directly benefit from Carnival doing well in the cruise market are posting here on CC. 10% of the posters, 25% of the posters, 50% of the posters, more? hummmm...

I have been reading these threads for a while now and I seriously wonder...How many Carnival employees or at least those who will directly benefit from Carnival doing well in the cruise market are posting here on CC. 10% of the posters, 25% of the posters, 50% of the posters, more? hummmm...

BTW, this is not intended to offend anyone, I'm just curious about your opinions.

Your cynicism is showing through. There have been THOUSANDS of regular CC posters that have gone on CC group cruises and met each other face to face. Including me, and I always visit the Float away lounge too and have met many face to face from that board. NEVER a Carnival employee. Some must post here but I'd guess it is a small number and they identify themselves as employees or former employees for the most part.

The Carnival board is mostly populated with Carnival fans. FANS, not critics.

You could ask the same question on each cruiseline board. And you WILL find fans of that cruiseline.

Dan

There really isn't anyway to tell. I'm sure there are some and I'm equally sure that the cruiselines scan the boards once in a while....

However, CC represents less than 1% of the cruising public so there's not a huge effort to keep track of things here.

Your cynicism is showing through. There have been THOUSANDS of regular CC posters that have gone on CC group cruises and met each other face to face. Including me, and I always visit the Float away lounge too and have met many face to face from that board. NEVER a Carnival employee. Some must post here but I'd guess it is a small number and they identify themselves as employees or former employees for the most part.

The Carnival board is mostly populated with Carnival fans. FANS, not critics.

You could ask the same question on each cruiseline board. And you WILL find fans of that cruiseline.

Dan

Cynicism...nah just curious.

Do you think a Carnival employee would reveal that about themselves if they were actively promoting their product? Just a question.

I asked the question about a Carnival related subject because this is a Carnival Board.

Unless they are being paid to post I can't imagine very many employees wanting to spend their off time posting on here. Perhaps a few like those that entertain us on the ships who want a more personalized connection (such as the piano players, djs) might as we've seen in the past.

What's your take on this? I know you have been quite unhappy with Carnival's business approach in the past. Have you gotten any feedback from Carnival based on what you have openly posted here? I've often wondered just how far we the public can go in regards to what we post without it crossing a line of slander ect. I am in NO way referring to anything you have posted.

I doubt many would come here to tout the product, there are more than enough pax, that love the product and have made Carnival the most popular cruise line on the planet.

You might find this interesting, its from a CC news article

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2604

In the meantime, it's already well known to many Cruise Critic members that, negative or positive, cruise lines are watching and reading what's being said online. In fact, some cruise lines have actually created jobs where staffers survey cruise-related online sites and report back to executives. "We do have staff that look at what's going on in the online forums for a variety of reasons," says Carnival's de la Cruz. "First and foremost, it's a valuable form of feedback."

• Administrators

Considering that less than 10% of those who pay to travel on cruiseships every year join CC, and even fewer of those post here on any boards, I would speculate and guess that those who are actually employed by the cruiseline or have any financial interest (other than maybe a stockholder) would be in the range of 1/10th of 1% of the posters here, if that. No way it's even 1% of posters, much less a higher number. Good luck proving or disproving that!

As G'Ma has stated (I'll raise the percentage though) only about 3% of cruisers actualy are on or know about cruisecritic.

I've been on here for 5 years and know that I have seen some Carnival employee's. There was a Camp Carnival person trying to answers related questions, a piano entertainer, and a couple of others.

Carnival would be remiss if they didn't occasionally monitor these boards just to receive some unsolicited feedback.

However, if you suggesting that anything larger than 1% of the people who post on these boards are cruiseline employee's then I would suggest that you are mistaken.

What's your take on this? I know you have been quite unhappy with Carnival's business approach in the past. Have you gotten any feedback from Carnival based on what you have openly posted here? I've often wondered just how far we the public can go in regards to what we post without it crossing a line of slander ect. I am in NO way referring to anything you have posted.

My take would be that being a poster that just happened to be employed by Carnival and posted glowing comments continuosly would be a very ingenious business tool and should probably reap some rewards by increased bookings. IMHO. Smart if Carnival has had that idea and acted on it.

Carnival has given me no feedback and I suppose they probably wouldn't, why would they, who am I in the grand scheme of things? Just a guy who is curious...

My take would be that being a poster that just happened to be employed by Carnival and posted glowing comments continuosly would be a very ingenious business tool and should probably reap some rewards by increased bookings. IMHO. Smart if Carnival has had that idea and acted on it.

My Opinion Only

People in general are way too smart for that too happen.

Would it? Does it happen occasionally? Possibly yes

If it happen anything more than just on a very frequent basis, people would see it for what it was, call them out on it and cruisecritic would lose all credibility and would die an immediate death.

It would be an incredibly stupid for any cruiseline to endorse such an idea. The unsolicited feedback they receive is invaluable.

I don't know for a fact but I personally think that some of the recent changes that have taken place are due to this board in some small amount.

1. Fuel surcharges

2. Formal to Elegant Dining.

3. Supper Clubs

Cynicism...nah just curious.

Do you think a Carnival employee would reveal that about themselves if they were actively promoting their product? Just a question.

I asked the question about a Carnival related subject because this is a Carnival Board.

In today's society, if a Carnival worker were secretly posting on this board, they would be KNOCKING their employer. That's today and my cynicism coming thru.

Dan

In today's society, if a Carnival worker were secretly posting on this board, they would be KNOCKING their employer. That's today and my cynicism coming thru.

Dan

Dan

Happy New Years!

Check this links out....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37460911485

(I left Carnival because....)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2249828795

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=19776782536&topic=3431

That group would include cc posters who are Carnival Corp stockholders.:)

The cynic in me says RCL is paying people to start goofy threads here on the CCL board. :rolleyes:

You cannot mean a poster with the initials TJ that only leaves the RCL board to come here and bash Carnival.

Dan

Well I own Carnival stock, enough to get the OBC when I cruise. Technically that makes me part owner in the company so I guess everyone should ignore my posts. :)

Well OK, if thats what you want, you're ignored.

You cannot mean a poster with the initials TJ that only leaves the RCL board to come here and bash Carnival.

Dan

If your slightly veiled comment was aimed at me I would ask you to check the RCL board to find one of my posts, you won't find any because I haven't posted there. I guess my original question about CCL employees, etc posting here has struck a nerve with some. Didn't mean to, it was just a ligitimate question about what if...or I guess How Many? The answer is getting clearer.

Well, some posters have been ACCUSED of working for Carnival. Usually by someone who had a less than excellent experience on a Carnival cruise (or more likely had never even taken one before) and found there were many people here who do not agree with his or her opinion. ;) Seriously, though, while there have been a few Carnival employees posting on here from time to time over the years, they do -- believe it or not -- identify themselves as such.

If your slightly veiled comment was aimed at me I would ask you to check the RCL board to find one of my posts, you won't find any because I haven't posted there. I guess my original question about CCL employees, etc posting here has struck a nerve with some. Didn't mean to, it was just a ligitimate question about what if...or I guess How Many? The answer is getting clearer.

And why is that? You've stated many times that your preferred line is RCI - why do you spend your time here? I feel like you come here just to rip on Carnival.

Archived