NCL Star LA Hotel Suggestions

SnootieTootie

We will be sailing on the Star 4-4-09. This is our third sailing on the Star.

Our 7 year grandson will be cruising with us and we would like to depart Cincinnati a day early, to ease the length of the travel day.

We are looking for hotel reccomendations for LA. Ideally, a hotel that would provide a free shuttle to the pier.

Median pricing would be preferable.

Any suggestions?

We will be sailing on the Star 4-4-09. This is our third sailing on the Star.

Our 7 year grandson will be cruising with us and we would like to depart Cincinnati a day early, to ease the length of the travel day.

We are looking for hotel reccomendations for LA. Ideally, a hotel that would provide a free shuttle to the pier.

Median pricing would be preferable.

Any suggestions?

We are leaving on the Star in February and are arriving in LA the day before. We have booked a room at the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. The hotel has a free shuttle to and from the cruise terminal. They also offer a free shuttle for a 5 mile radius of the hotel. Great if you want to pick up any final items so you don't have to take them on your flight. I reserved a shuttle from LAX to the hotel for $17pp with Super Shuttle. I have read the people have booked the Plaza for under $70 thru Priceline.

We are also on the April 4 cruise on the star. we are driving to LA ,so we need apark and sail hotel in San Pedro. Does Priceline give you this option? I have stayed at the Crown Plaza and the Doubletree on previous cruises. These hotels each have park and sail packages, but they charge better than $200.00 a night. Hoping I could do better.

We are also on the April 4 cruise on the star. we are driving to LA ,so we need apark and sail hotel in San Pedro. Does Priceline give you this option? I have stayed at the Crown Plaza and the Doubletree on previous cruises. These hotels each have park and sail packages, but they charge better than $200.00 a night. Hoping I could do better.

We have friends that booked the park and sail at the Plaza and the price was $168. That was for 1 night for 2, 2 drinks and breakfast the next morning. The parking was for up to 10 days and they have the free shuttle to/from the cruise terminal. I don't think you can get the park & sail package without booking direct with the hotel.

We are also on the April 4 cruise on the star. we are driving to LA ,so we need apark and sail hotel in San Pedro. Does Priceline give you this option?
You might want to ask this question on the West Coast board, but I think what ImADaneFan said is correct -- no park and sail without direct booking with the hotel. And I'm pretty sure Priceline has no such option.

We have also stayed at both of those hotels, and I can heartily recommend the Doubletree. We booked a marina view room, and it was the PERFECT start to our cruise.

We have the Crowne Plaza booked for tomorrow night and the Stay and Cruise package is now $199. It does include the breakfast and free shuttle to and from the pier as well as parking for up to 15 days.

Archived