1st cruise to Bermuda...help please :)

NewCruiserCouple

Hi all!:)

I will be sailing with my DH and 13y.o. son on RCCL Explorer- 5 days from Bayonne, NJ to Bermuda leaving on the 4th of July 2009. This is the second cruise for me & the hubby, 1st for my son...so we are very excited, & have heard that Bermuda is beautiful. I do have a few questions though, and am hoping all the experts here can help?:)

1st....I believe we dock in Bermuda at 7am at Kings Wharf and leave the next day at 5pm. Does this mean there is no time to be back on the ship the 1st night we get there? Can we come and go as we please?

2nd...As for excursions, does anyone with kids(boys) in their early teens have any suggestions for itineraries/activities while there that would be fun. I've heard something about a dolphin park there that I think he'll like...any other ideas/specifics?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help

Hi all!:)

1st....I believe we dock in Bermuda at 7am at Kings Wharf and leave the next day at 5pm. Does this mean there is no time to be back on the ship the 1st night we get there? Can we come and go as we please?

I'm not sure what you mean by this question.

Consider the ship your "hotel", you eat and sleep on the ship and come and go as you please.

2nd...As for excursions, does anyone with kids(boys) in their early teens have any suggestions for itineraries/activities while there that would be fun. I've heard something about a dolphin park there that I think he'll like...any other ideas/specifics?

Just be prepared, the Dolphin Encounter is expensive.:eek:

The Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute and Fort Hamilton, both in Hamilton might interest your son. Snorkeling is alweays a hit and it's cheap.:)

I'm not sure what you mean by this question.

Consider the ship your "hotel", you eat and sleep on the ship and come and go as you please.

Just be prepared, the Dolphin Encounter is expensive.:eek:

The Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute and Fort Hamilton, both in Hamilton might interest your son. Snorkeling is alweays a hit and it's cheap.:)

Thank you all for your suggestions. :) What I meant by my first question; Is there a time all cruisers have to be back on the ship at night, or are people coming and going throughout the night as they please for any nightlife? Just curious since we never stayed overnight in a port before.

Thank you all for your suggestions. :) What I meant by my first question; Is there a time all cruisers have to be back on the ship at night, or are people coming and going throughout the night as they please for any nightlife? Just curious since we never stayed overnight in a port before.

No, you can come and go as you please. You only have to worry about being back on board an hour before it sails.

As others have said whenever you are docked at a port of call you can go on and off the ship as much as you please. You need to be back on the ship, usually 30 minutes before departure but I wouldn't cut it that close.

While you are in Bermuda you may want to consider going to Horseshoe Bay Beach. It is one of the most beautiful beaches we have been to.

Keith

Consider a transportaion pass, which you can use on buses/ferries. If you are going to Hamilton at night, you can go over on the ferry. I am not sure how late the ferries/buses run, so you may have to take a taxi back. Maybe someone else can comment on this.

Archived