Teens who have traveled Solstice

av01bps

We'll be aboard 2/22 - 3/1. There's a 13 (almost 14) year old young man cruising with us (my nephew). I will encourage him to write a review when we return!

Thanks- that's perfect! Our daughter will be 13 1/2 at cruise time in April.

• 2 months later...

We had a short 2dayer on Solstice - not long enough for activities, sadly, but enough time to check out the facilities. My teenage DD checked out the teen club and thought it was very nice. All the video game essentials for the teen set (Rockband etc.), dancefloor, bar area, big screen TV and lots of comfy, funky furniture. Far superior to the kids area just across the hall (in her humble opinion ;)). The kids/teens program on Celebrity is quite good and doesn't vary too much from ship to ship - they all have teen hangs, dance parties, movies and games. I think your teen will definitely enjoy Solstice.

Hope it was wonderful- how did your teen (s) like the Solstice?

My nephew (13, will be 14 in 9 days...) sailed Solstice with us this past week. By all accounts, he really enjoyed the teen club!!

There weren't very many younger people and children aboard, but he said they had a lot of cool activities, planned occasions, etc.

His parents were also quite happy with the facilities and staff, and allowed him to come and go there as he pleased - which is something he most definitely does not get to do at home :D.

did you feel "safe" with your teen coming and going at night? Are they strict about alcohol consumption by minors (I am not concerned about my kid -- no one ever is, right-- but other teens/peer pressure, etc)? I teach High School and know that every kid (good kids, too) is susceptible. Thanks

did you feel "safe" with your teen coming and going at night? Are they strict about alcohol consumption by minors (I am not concerned about my kid -- no one ever is, right-- but other teens/peer pressure, etc)? I teach High School and know that every kid (good kids, too) is susceptible. Thanks

Again, I'm the Aunt, not the Mom, but... my SIL is extremely 'aware' of her 3 boys whereabouts at all times possible when on land. During the cruise, she allowed my teen nephew to come/go to the teen club at all hours* on his own. We were surprised when we saw him in an elevator once near 11 pm, by himself - something that would NEVER happen when he was home :). (... and no, they don't have an elevator at their home. You know what I mean ;).) So, no worries.

Dawn

* hours that the club was open.

Archived