question: pearl free beverages and carry to port lunch

karen327

Could someone please tell me what beverages are available for free on the Pearl. I heard it is water, tea, and coffee. Do you get free juice with breakfast, and how about milk and lemonade. Also, if they are free, is the lemonade and juice very good? Can we take breakfast juice back to our refrigerator to drink later? Also, how much do they charge for soda pop, is that for a can or cup, and do they have a all you can drink soda card that can be purchased.

Also, when in port, can we take a meal off the ship with us? Do they provide box lunches and are they any good? Can we create our own lunch from the bufet?

Yes, there is free juice available at breakfast - usually orange and apple. You could always fill up a travel mug and put it in your cabin fridge for later. I don't recall ever seeing lemonade, which is why I travel with the single-serve powder mixes.

A can of soda is approx. $2 (with the tip). There is an unlimited soda card available for $6.25 per day but it can only be used for fountain soda (occasionally, they will serve you the can when a bar is not nearby).

Taking food off the ship is problematic. Certain ports have strict prohibitions against it, so check your Freestyle Daily for info concerning the specific port. The general rule of thumb is that packaged foods (e.g., cereal, granola bar, etc.) are fine but fruits, vegetables, even meats, are often prohibited.

Could someone please tell me what beverages are available for free on the Pearl. I heard it is water, tea, and coffee. Do you get free juice with breakfast, and how about milk and lemonade. Also, if they are free, is the lemonade and juice very good? Can we take breakfast juice back to our refrigerator to drink later? Also, how much do they charge for soda pop, is that for a can or cup, and do they have a all you can drink soda card that can be purchased.

Also, when in port, can we take a meal off the ship with us? Do they provide box lunches and are they any good? Can we create our own lunch from the bufet?

Breakfast drinks include coffee, tea, milk, juice and water and yes you can take them back to your cabin. Lunch drinks include coffee, tea, milk and water. No, you can't take food off the ship. If you are a soft drink drinker, then you are better off to buy a drink card.

enjoy

d man

My experience on the Dawn was that the juices were really juice cocktails -- not 100% juice. No way of telling what the calories, etc are on these juice mixes. Orange juice is close to Tang.

Those powdered no-cal single-serve drink mixes that come in the small tubes seem ideal for both onboard and ashore for a variety.

We saw many people with insulated travel mugs --- NCL provides tall, slim ones with the Soda Card program, so you see lots of them.

Some people bring a few .5L bottles of water with them on boarding and then refill them with ships water during the cruise. The ships water is quite good and safe. Bottled water on board is expensive and comes in larger containers. I think it was something like $4-5 for a 1.5 liter bottle, plus gratuity.

Pretty much all ports are going to tell you that bringing food into their country is off limits. Or at least that is what it will say in the Daily's. I think it is probably a mix of country specific rules and the ship not wanting you to carry off lots of food.

Archived