another overboard incident reported

Colakid

All reports are that this was purely accidental. Unfortuneatly, accidents happen. There is no trend of any kind here.
Maybe I'm just stupid ... but I can't imagine how anyone could FALL overboard ... with the possible exception of someone who had to do maintenance from a precarious area of the ship and possibly fell from his perch. But someone from the entertainment staff wouldn't be doing that sort of work. So, how could he FALL overboard? Jumping, yes. Being pushed, yes. Those things can happen. But falling?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Maybe I'm just stupid ... but I can't imagine how anyone could FALL overboard ... with the possible exception of someone who had to do maintenance from a precarious area of the ship and possibly fell from his perch. But someone from the entertainment staff wouldn't be doing that sort of work. So, how could he FALL overboard? Jumping, yes. Being pushed, yes. Those things can happen. But falling?

Blue skies ...

--rita

The guy was crew - crew has access to area's of the ship (decks) where we as pax can't go - low railings?? - 40 minutes after midnight/New Year's Eve

Alcohol + celebration + alcohol + shenanigans + alcohol = crazy unabashed frivolity. Accidents are inevitable. It is so sad to hear of a person's demise when participating in these types of activities. We've all been there and done that. I'm still amazed I'm alive.

Diane

Accidents are events that occur that we have no control of.

Tripping & falling is an accident..However, when one whether drinking or not, sits on a rail, leans too far over &/or climbs around the railings then it isn't an accident when they go into the water, it is sheer recklessness &/or carelessness.

Sad event yes but I wldn't call going overboard off a railing an accident..IMHO anyway..

Accidents are events that occur that we have no control of.

Tripping & falling is an accident..However, when one whether drinking or not, sits on a rail, leans too far over &/or climbs around the railings then it isn't an accident when they go into the water, it is sheer recklessness &/or carelessness.

Sad event yes but I wldn't call going overboard off a railing an accident..IMHO anyway..

You're absolutely right. If you're standing by the railing, a gust of wind sweeps you over the side of the railing.... THAT'S AN ACCIDENT.... if you're sitting on the railing and/or fooling around on the railing... THAT'S NOT AN ACCIDENT.... THAT'S STUPIDITY!

Archived